Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Fading on both left and right

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KipKen
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Fading on both left and right Reply with quote Back to top

I have this one 6000 that is only giving me about a month or less between calls. every time it is more of the same dev unit issues. is there anything that can be done to assist these 6000 uints to supply toner better? this is old style dev unit (foam roller) and the cust wont spend the money to put the update kit in it. is this just par for the course for the 6000 old style units? it seems pretty common. any tips would be greatly appreciated.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is the developer roller glazed over? This sounds like a typical developer needing refreshed problem to me. It always starts on the outside on that model. Have you attempted to scuff up the toner supply roller and clean the developer roller with solvent to remove the glaze? I know its a major pain, but if the customer won't spring for the new parts then I don't know what other options you have.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If they are a T&M call, you will have to convince them that for better quality, they need to refurb or rebuild the dev. unit. I would rather replace the supply roller and clean the dev. roller. The time you put into cleaning the supply roller, would probably pay for a new one. You can buy a KIP6000 supply roller for $135 (Part #9608090160) and clean the Dev. roller and it would be good as new.

KipKen
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What do you guys charge a customer with no contract for a dev rebuild? I think we charge somewhere in the $300 range. this is to cover the labor (deglaze dev roller) and the new toner that I have to fill it back up with. any other parts they need for the unit will be added on top of that.

I ended up swapping the whole dev unit with another one that I rebuilt and this dev unit is working much better. It was just seeming like there was something wrong with the unit itself. I will have to go over it carefully.

Thanks for the tips here, I really appreciate it Exclamation

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am strictly on the clock as to how much the customer's get charged, it depends on how much time it takes me to complete the rebuild as some developer units require more work than others. I always give the customers a quote before I do the repair, and I always figure 5 hours labor time just to cover my time, and if it takes less time than that the customers are happy that the bill was smaller than expected. I do try to do most rebuilds in my shop, which requires me to pick up and deliver back the dv unit after the rebuild. Personally I think $300.00 may be too low if you are having to scrub the DV roller instead of just replacing it.

BigRedTruck
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Rebuild / refresh of dev assy Reply with quote Back to top

I charge 600.00 per rebuild for new gaskets, bearings if needed, cleaning of rollers, replacement of plastic toner dam. I sift the old toner to make sure there's no foreign material in it and put back in the hopper.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: