Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

6000 Brick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KipKen
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: 6000 Brick Reply with quote Back to top

I just bricked a 6000 with the wrong firmware apparently. Is the only way to recover this to replace the DC controller?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We ought to start a club of some sort, I bricked an 8000 a while back.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

KipKen
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i read that post. This is a club i would rather not belong to, lol

it seems to me that is the only way to recover once this has happened?

i was sure it was the right firmware but must not have been. The machine is scrap anyway so its not a huge deal but i was practicing on this machine before i did a customers machine at their site.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Practicing to brick a machine.......? Shocked

KipKen
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

haha funny man. no, quite the opposite. I had never had to use the diag tool for these older machines to update firmware as most of the equip we have is newer KIP or Oce.
So after tracking down a nul modem cable and getting it to connect i thought i was getting somewhere. I had a legacy firmware folder with all the firmwares in it and i think where i went wrong was with the rohs, non-rohs subfolders inside the 6000 directory. I tried the non rohs first and it would not work, so i tried the rohs and it seemed to complete successfully until the printer went dark (brick)....

Sad

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty much what I did. Unfortunately mine was one of our production units. The only option for me was to replace the controller.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: