Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

E-034 error on 7100 that wont die!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: E-034 error on 7100 that wont die! Reply with quote Back to top

I have been having this go on for almost a year now. I have had a RADF error that comes up and then you have to get into the service sotware to see what error code you have. Well i have had a E-034 error code on a machine ever since we had it delivered to this place. Its a long distace call so it is hard to find the time let alone spend the gas to just try something. SO... i am wondering if anyone else has had this error. I have done the following.

Replaced developers
vacuumed out developer
cleaned developer
replaced Hi voltage power supply
replaced wires to HVPS
made sure that the bias roller was connecting to the copper connector
adjusted voltages

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had replied to the post you entered in the general section of this forum, and there was no model number listed so I assumed it was a 3000. I have heard of this problem on the forums before, but never read a real fix. Have you contacted KC3 for any assistance yet?

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have contacted them and they have referred to all of the above. i read the link to the other post. The guy that suggested that the screw fell in there is wrong. I vacuumed out and took apart the whole 7100 developer and nothing was in there. on the same machine we have had the dots that appeared 157mm or so down the page. So we did a whole series of things for that as well. I had to eventually just adjust the on/off timing. It took care of the probelem and turn on transfer support. So we have had a lot of problems with this machine. but this one is going to drive me to drink.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hear ya, it does seem like a certain lot of the 7100s had issues with those codes. I can almost remember something about arching where the charge corona plugs in or a burr on the metal that caused arching. Have you tried swapping out the charge units? I say I can almost remember cause I had to start drinking years ago!

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah i had to start drinking last night to handle it today. Lol JK anyway i talked to kip and they said something like what you have suggested. They told me to look for where the leak or Arch is by unplugging things and putting them back. Also conductive grease everything and clean. It was weird bit the wall of conductors on the side of the DV i never touch and said to see if the screws were too tight and put grease on those as well. Never did that on any of my machines but i guess there is a first for everything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: