Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

How Is Scott???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMS
intern

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: How Is Scott??? Reply with quote Back to top

To whom it may concern, I was wonder how Scott from the central coast is doing after his procedure. If anyone has an update please let me know. To Scott, Best Wishes To You!!

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to have put you all off for so long!
I have been doing nothing but eat and sleep since the surgery sept 11

So the Neurosurgeon straps me to a table and proceeds to cut a hole in my skull and remove a bit of brain that was not growing correctly. Not a tumor, sort of a rogue clump of capillary cells.
I now have a rather large titanium plate attached to my skull. I cant wait till I set the metal detector off at the airport. My dad has a replacement knee and he says it is a pain in the ass to always have to have them hand scan you.

Some of the things they put in you when they knock you out for surgery are little more than medieval torture devices!!!!

However, I am healing well and expect to be back to work sometime next week or the beginning of the next.

The Dr. said there was an 8% chance of complications, I was not all that happy with 8%, but it was the only way I am ever going to drive again. So I went for it. So far no problems, everything moves, I know who all the kids are and I can tie my shoes. We will see next week when I get a screwdriver in my hand, then I will know if I made it!

Thank you all for the support, it has been a trying time!

Scott

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well done sir! Surviving any hospital visit is a challenge. So you're wearing a full helmet now, nice. Get a note from the Dr or TSA will be probing you in a most unusual way........
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And for what it's worth, the technical name of what I had removed is a Cavernoma, which is fancy Dr talk for a bunch capillary cells that did not grow right.

Scott

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad you are back and doing well Scott. Best wishes for a complete recovery. Let's hope if the Doc damaged anything while he was in there that it was limited to your memory of the KIP 9000. (we all would like to forget that one)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: