Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

New career???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJG
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: New career??? Reply with quote Back to top

Since moving back to Michigan, there aren't a lot of wide format tech jobs. So, I took a job as an armored car driver. Not a lot of pay for a job that requires carrying a gun, and the company emphasis is "getting home" at the end of the day. This should be interesting until I find a job I want...lol.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Getting Home.... Too funny.

Our new company emphasis is "well the doors are still open"

Good luck up there and go target practicing a lot. The new company should pay for that huh???

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've always wanted to carry a gun at work... mostly to shoot equipment that I've had just a bit too much of! Good luck, and the entire industry has slowed down to the point it is hard to keep a job and keep the doors open.

AJG
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cjwilt wrote:
Getting Home.... Too funny.

Our new company emphasis is "well the doors are still open"

Good luck up there and go target practicing a lot. The new company should pay for that huh???

About all they cover is re-qualifying yearly...lol.

AJG
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tjohnson wrote:
I've always wanted to carry a gun at work... mostly to shoot equipment that I've had just a bit too much of! Good luck, and the entire industry has slowed down to the point it is hard to keep a job and keep the doors open.

I would have loved to have had a gun to shoot some equipment!! lol

AJG
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, got the job I wanted. Got it a few months ago. Field service on the equipment that tints paint and also the machine that blows insulation into attics. Work out of my house and make my own hours. There aren't a lot of service calls, mainly doing quarterly pm's. Allows me to make my own schedule to be where I want to be on what days I want to be. A lot different than the printers.....much easier to work on and not the stress of customers complaining. Very Happy

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds cool.

Good luck with it.

Are you working for a company or did you setup your own business?

AJG
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cjwilt wrote:
Sounds cool.

Good luck with it.

Are you working for a company or did you setup your own business?

Thanks. I'm working for a company.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What a great opportunity. Is there enough business to make a decent wage?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

AJG
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
What a great opportunity. Is there enough business to make a decent wage?

Yeah, I keep busy. Pays almost what I made as a printer tech. Lovin the stress free work.... Very Happy

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's great! Good luck it sounds like a huge improvement in stress level.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: