Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

3000 Fuser Fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: 3000 Fuser Fans Reply with quote Back to top

This is an FYI for everone,

KIP is still using those cheap fuser blower fans that don't last long. Only now they are installing them into the 3000. BEWARE, You will need to stock up on these if you are placing 3000s. They are very affordable from KIP at $150...

Does anyone at K-Mart have a brain?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No they dont have brains at all, to use a part they know fails, and put it in a new machine is stupid. Now all the 3000s installed by my company will need 2 $150 fans replaced. At least HP will pay for the labor if the part is under warranty, Kip should do the same.

Charliebrown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Fan's Reply with quote Back to top

I have a better answer for you. a fan that works better and cost less. Find a minolta dealer and get a deck fan from them it a two speed but all you have to do is cut the wire's red and black and use the old fan harrness. the Minolta part number is 9313-1310-61 Very Happy

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But how much is it? Another easy fix is to go to Grainger or Radio Shack and pick up some super small e clips. Remove the little sticker on the center of the fan bearing and put the e clip on the shaft and it holds everything in there real nice. I have repaired the fans on the 6000 this way. I think the others are the same.

Just another tip to keep your money out of K Marts hands.
I got lots more like this. Time to share the wealth.

Not going away any time soon. That would be you, huh K?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I posted my thoughts on the kip site twice and both of my post were deleted. I guess thats why this site is better you can say how you feel with out the man trying to cover up his mistakes, by rubbing you out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

Kip started putting the new fuser exhaust fans in the 3000. Thanks for listening and responding guys...

Mucho Gracias

tabcom
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those old silver labeled fuser fans are still working their way into the field. I ordered four fans and received four silver labeled ones. I RMA'd them today. I stated in the description as to why I'm returning them:

THIS IS THE OLD STYLE BLOWER (SILVER LABEL). WHEN I ORDERED THIS PART, I WAS EXPECTING THE NEW LOT OF BLOWERS (YELLOW LABEL). THE PROBLEM WITH THE OLDER BLOWERS IS THAT THEY BEGIN TO SQUEAK AFTER A COUPLE MONTHS AND NEED TO BE REPLACED AGAIN. THE NEWER BLOWERS WITH THE YELLOW LABEL DO NOT SQUEAK.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are these the fans that in the KIP 3000 are placed under a small metal cover right behind the scanner part? If so is it possible to replace them on your own or do you need a tech to come out? And if it is possible to replace them yourself, where can you go and get them? Is there a local store in the LA area?

tabcom
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are these the fans that in the KIP 3000 are placed under a small metal cover right behind the scanner part?

Yes.

If so is it possible to replace them on your own or do you need a tech to come out?

Yes, you can replace them yourself.

Where can you go and get them? Is there a local store in the LA area?

Hopefully someone else on this forum can help you with these questions.

gspark
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I belive you can find the original fans at Mousser Electronics. manufactured by ADDA #2524. The newer repacement fans from KIP im not sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: 3000 fuser fans Reply with quote Back to top

That is great that K Mart is sending out those same crappy old exhaust fans now. This way they can get their stock to go up by selling us fans that will fail in about 2 weeks. They mark those fans up about 1000 percent. I am still searching for another supplier myself.

This just goes to show you, K Mart doesn't listen to the dealers that feed this information back to them. They say we are their eyes and ears, but how do we make them listen? Buy OCE?

tabcom
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This link may provide an alternative source for the defective fans at $28.35 each:

http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=AD2524HBvirtualkey66400000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: