Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Problems with printing PDF halftones on KIP 7095
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am running Switch on workstation that is XP Pro, w/ Request 6.5, Scan 6 and Copymaker 6.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used KIP Switch to convert the files to TIFF, only problem it that when I send them from Request 5, a 24"x36" plots out as a 36"x48". I went into unattend config and changed the dpi to 600 and then the same files printed at 24"x36". A lot to do and hope that everyone remembers, otherwise a lot of paper waste. Will 6.x connect to a 7095 with a NT controller and where do I get a copy of the 6.x software?
Thanks, Alan

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alan, are you referring to 6.5 OS or 6.5 Request? I don't know if Request 6.5 will talk to your controller.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

6.5 request
Thanks

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: 7095 Reply with quote Back to top

Better yet, get a good used 5000 or 6000 and dump the 7095!!!

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wish I'd thought of that

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would, but I like 11 D size a minute.

Alan

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are some good 7000's out there.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: 7000 Reply with quote Back to top

Go to assetrecovery.com they have a 7000 ips with scanner for sale.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Al, is Asset Recovery under new management? There are some pretty critical posts under Good Guys, Bad Guys.

ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Converting PDF to TIFF Reply with quote Back to top

The computer I print to my SP5000 has Request 5.2 (preferred over the 5.5). I have installed Request 6 and 7 on peripheral computers and have Adobe Standard on a PC. Having said that, here are some tips I have learned. Usually I download job files on a laptop (because that is where I am) and use Request 6 to convert the PDF's. Req.6 seems to have a much greater success rate for completing all file conversions; with Req7 some files often don't convert. There are some PDF's that for whatever reason just look nasty - these often convert very well when I PRINT the original PDF to ADOBE first then convert those files to TIFF from 6 or 7, move them to a thumb drive and take to my 'Kip' computer. It is important to verify print dimensions in Req 6 (or 7) or the original pdf as this will be the correct size.
One can also "view" the TIFF from Req 5 and then select info and it will give the correct size - just don't use the thumbnail screen (54x36 is really 36x24).
Hope this is helpful to solve the 0kb issues. Smile

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ladibug:
thanks for your suggestions, but what I found helped the most was a setting in the print driver/print preferences. Under advanced - halftoning, I selected "supercell". My shaded lines then appeared more shaded instead of the dotted lines.
Thanks, Alan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: