Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Problems with printing PDF halftones on KIP 7095
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Problems with printing PDF halftones on KIP 7095 Reply with quote Back to top

Halftone/shaded lines appear as dots when printing to the KIP 7095 from Adobe Standard 7.0, or the latest version of Adobe Reader. The Kip request is 5.5.126 and Unattend is 5.5.196. Any suggestions or is this the best I can do with this old of a machine?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try ripping the PDF to a TIF first
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saved it as a tiff in adobe standard and printed it to the kip using Irfan (a raster editing and printing program) and it still printed with dotted lines, although they look continuous, though shaded on the screen. Ripping it using Request produced a "0" bytes file. Using request to print the file created with Acrobat printed a solid black square in the center of the page about 18"x18"

Any help?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With a recent version of Request, convert the PDF to TIF to see if that makes a difference. Maybe a newer windows driver would help. Past that I have no suggestions for you.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you give me a link to a more recent version of Kip Request that will convert the PDF's to TIFF's. Either e-mail me at [email protected] or post a link for me.

Thank You
Alan

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Go to kipamerica.com, app store, towards the bottum of the listing is KIP Switch. Download that and install it on your work station. The program runs in the background, right click it and you're converting files. It's a little limited but works for what you want.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What controller do you have? Is it still a DOS controller or a NT4 ? I have not messed with a 7095 in probably over 15 years. Seems we had trouble with the dos controllers but that was on 3800's.

You might be able to convert using Kip Switch as Mark recomends. Seems that we use to use Request and make them a PLT file.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx Bill.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KIP Switch says that it requires Request 7.0 or higher. Can I get a copy of request 7.0 from you as it is no longer in the app store.
Thanks, Alan

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

7.0 and up

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

7.0 and up

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I loaded the latest version of KIP Request, and then loaded Kip Select. I was able to convert the PDF's, but when I printed them at 36"x24" 100% it enlarged the print. When I set it to 100% it printed the file at 36"x48", although in the viewer it said the sheet size was 24"x36".

Any Help
Thanks, Alan

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It could be that the newer versions of Request aren't 100% compatable with Unattend 5.5. Try selecting the arch size you want to print (ie D E ..) see if that makes a difference. Expecting the software KIP offers at no cost to the user to be supported over 10 plus years may be asking too much.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You are correct Mark, I think the 5.5 controller can only use Request 5. Maybe 6.5, but I would not be 100% certain.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe you may be correct (at least until your wife reads this). I also noticed that Switch requires OS 7.0+, silly me for not seeing that before. I don't know why he couldn't convert PDF's to TIF with a newer version of Request (not connected to the printer) and use the older Request to print the TIF's. Improvise, Adapt and Overcome........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: