Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Can't read MAC address after move to 7.2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Can't read MAC address after move to 7.2 Reply with quote Back to top

This isn't the first time this has happened after loading 7.2. Update appears to complete, reboots and the keycodes aren't accepted because it can't read the mac address; IP won't stick either. Several reboots later the IP connects and the keycodes are accepted. Anyone care to take a guess?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You get all the good ones.....

I haven't seen this myself but I would like to know if this is happening on the old white controllers verses the black ones?

Did you happen to try unplugging the machine to drain all power? It sounds like a problem loading the correct mother board drivers.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All of the controllers I see are black. Did not unplug the machine, just did reboots. I'll try the unplug next update I do, if I do one.......

The movies in my head make my eyes rain.....Simple Jack

Sometimes I feel like Simple Jack

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen this a couple of times myself Mark, and our other technician was asking me about this problem yesterday. The ones I've had to this were the black box controllers, and rebooting a time or two always woke it up. I think it may be a small bug in 7.2, cause after installing it thats the only time I ever seen this problem.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx, at least I'm not the Lone Ranger. All of our IPSs are black boxes. I read on another forum that this software is running on thousands of other printers without a problem so it must be the/our hardware. I'm begining to wonder. I'd rather be rich.......

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just read that same post, and its a crock, they haven't sold thousands of version 7.4 machine yet since it only came out in March. That was from a KIP rep too. I think 7.2 has that bug in it, along with it forgetting to heat up the fuser intermittently, but there won't be any more updates to 7.2. So far my 7.4 machines are running good, I've only had one that has been a problem and I have a feeling the customer is deleting or trying to delete the default mailbox, have got runtime error 52 twice on one 7100. can't even log into it to rename the logdir, and have had trouble ghosting the damn thing too.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was able to cure the fuser heat timeout with a firmware flash.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hadn't tried that cause another guy on here said he updated his firmware and still had 5 machine not heating up. If it worked for you I better give it a try the next time I have that problem, good to know.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anything special I need to know about ghosting up to 7.4?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With regard to the error 52 I have one 3100 pulling that trick. Whenever the customer transfers the files to his computer then clears the mailbox the .nam file becomes corupted. I think we solved it by ghosting and patching to 7.2.348, installing the 5.232(?) driver on his win 7 x64 computer.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
All of the controllers I see are black. Did not unplug the machine, just did reboots. I'll try the unplug next update I do, if I do one.......

The movies in my head make my eyes rain.....Simple Jack

Sometimes I feel like Simple Jack

My eyes rain everytime the alarm clock goes off

BTW loved the quote Very Happy

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
Anything special I need to know about ghosting up to 7.4?

7.4 machines are supposed to run their own version of request but if I remember right the version is a 7.3 version, I don't believe we'll see any upgrades to that software because of the new KIP Print software that will be replacing Request. All the user software for 7.4 is different, but I can't tell you the older versions don't work with it.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: 7.4 on 3000,3100 Reply with quote Back to top

Kip support has told me only use up to 7.3! As long as it's NOT a white box PC! As far as I know, 7.4 won't work on older 3000, 3100, 7000, 5000 IPS. Has anyone tried it yet??

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thought I would update this post. When ghosting up to 7.2.348 the NIC driver doesn't always make a clean install and without the NIC the codes won't work. I have started deleting the NIC on first boot, letting Windows reinstall the adapter, doing a reboot and all works as it should.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All of our KIPs are running 7.4 or higher.
If your KIP has the color scan option you can not go above 7.4.380.
We even tested a KIP 3000 with the new 7.5 with the Windows 7 operating system and it worked great, but you need to be careful with the licensing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: