Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

xerox 6204

View previous topic :: View next topic  
foustd
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: xerox 6204 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking for some neighborly help. I got a call a Xerox 6204. i have never worked on one before. Seems as thought the charge rollers need replacing.
Does any have parts and or service manual for this machine.

Thanks in advance
Drew

KipKen
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the charge rollers are black (although yours look grey i am sure). take them to a sink and run water on them and scrub them with your hands to clean the paper dust and toner off. DO NOT USE SOAP. dry them with a paper towel or cloth. do not put them back in wet. They most likely have some more life left in them if you clean them in this fashon.

foustd
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ken, that is what i did. I have called a few of my vendors and no one has parts for this machine. Is it safe to say XEROX has washed their hands of wide format parts and machines?

KipKen
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xerox announced a while back that they are no longer in the wide format game. so yes you may have some difficulty with getting the parts. we are pushing our customers to upgrade when this type of thing happens. parts will just get harder and more expensive to get.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am surprised at this thread being from 2012 as even in 2020 as far as I know I can still order any part for the xerox/fuji 6204 here in the states as they are still supported as far as tech support or at least they were at the end of last year when my employer dropped support for xerox products.

Most of the 6204 engine and parts are shared with newer models still being sold everywhere but the US and Canada.

as far as the charge rollers, as long as they are cleaned with just water and a cloth and wiped dry emmidiatly they will last many years until they develop lines cut into the surface usually where the two rollers overlap each other. when this starts to happen I simple flip the left and right rollers end to end which prolongs useful life.

That and cleaning the MAG roller with a green scotchbrite to remove buildup and fine grooves are the two most common things that need to be done on a 6204/6604 or the 6279 machines. In almost 20 years ive had to change like 3 magnet rollers and Ive maintained probably 40-50 of these over that time period.

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Doggie, We just took over the service of several of these Xerox machines and plan to try and replace them. In the meantime, can you please tell me where we can buy parts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: