Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Touchscreen non-responsive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 700 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Touchscreen non-responsive Reply with quote Back to top

The touchscreen touch feature is not working. If I VNC the screen, I am able to control the functions of the screen, like Scan, Copy, Home, so I know it is not the controller. I've moved the USB plug of the touchscreen on the controller end to other USB plugs and still doesn't work. The front, back and scanner USBs all work regardless of which USB plug I use on the controller so I know it is not a bad USB plug on the Controller. I did not see the pointing and touchpad device drivers in the Device Manager of the IPS so I did a Restore in the hopes of reinstalling the driver but found out that it needs to see the touchpanel as connected in order to show the drivers. I know because I stuck a USB mouse to the controller via one of the USB plugs and it showed up in the Device Manager and disappeared when I unplugged it. My next step is to replace the USB cable that connects the touchscreen to the controller. Yeah, I know that it is most likely the touchscreen panel, but thought it would be cheaper to at least try replacing the cable first. With all the IPS controllers I've dealt with, this is the first to have this issue. This machine is 1 year and 2 months old so there is no warranty on it. Anyone else run into this issue?

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same issue. It was the touchscreen that went bad. A very pricey fix. KIP thinks this is made out of gold. I have a couple of good used ones
that I can part with if you are interested.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good to me. I took out the touchscreen from our 7100 and am going to customer's site to confirm it is the touchscreen. Hopefully they are compatable. I will PM you if I need a touchscreen.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just had a new KIP 7100 and new 7900 with a bad touch screen as well. First two I have had bad since KIP went to the touch screens. I wonder if something in production has changed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 700 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: