Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Paper unrolling in drawer 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 5000 Discussions (new)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Paper unrolling in drawer 1 Reply with quote Back to top

The paper is unwinding and drops the paper in roll 1, it doesn't matter if it's a new or used roll of paper. The thing is that the from leading edge back 24" on the paper roll is loose on the spindle when I open the drawer. I've already loosened/tightened the spindle end brake but it didn't do any good. I replaced the clutch and the one-way gear on the inside of the paper drawer. No luck. If I switch roll 1 and 2, roll 1 will keep dropping regardless of which spindle is in it.

Last edited by dlee on Thu May 10, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also, I do notice that when I try to unwind the paper by hand, there is not much resistance in roll 1. Roll 2 seems to have almost twice as much resistance I when I try to manually unwind it.

Last edited by dlee on Thu May 10, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I took the front panels off the drawer to double-check that the guide roller holder (holds the bottom roller and presses against the paper feed roller) to make sure that the tabs on the plastice holder wasn't broken. They looked fine. Then I put the drawer back together and it ran approx. 20 sheets then started dropping the roll #1 again. I don't think it is something within the paper path beyond the drawer or else rolls 1 and 2 would be dropping. Roll 2 can run all day with no issues, only roll 1 is dropping.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, thought I might have faulty new clutches so I ordered a couple more and same issue. I replaced the photointerrupter with no sucess. I'm lost as to what it could be. Only roll 1, regardless of spindle or paper size. Anyone?

souli7
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does the problem happen with different spindles and different size rolls at position 1? Are there any error codes listed when it happens?

I had a lot of issues with rolls falling off, everyone of my 5000 and 7000 has had issues with this - sometimes its the clutches on the printer frame, sometimes its the clutches in the drawer, sometimes I adjust the brake, sometimes its the spindle mod, and sometimes it is just the paper roll. I even had one machine that I had to change the cutter on, but in that case the problem was happening intermittently from different roll positions.

Ultimately I think it is just another problem with these machines that will come and go with no absolute fix.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dlee.....did you find a solution for this? I have the same problem with a machine.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I have not found a solution. Since my 5000 is the least used in our production room, (we also have 7 other high speed printers) so everyone got used to using just roll 2. I've already tried everything twice with no success. I'm not trying to pass the buck, but if you happen to find the solution please let me know? I will surely do the same.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dang it Sad I have been fighting this for awhile now. Alright, if I figure it out, I will be sure to post it. Thanks!

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So my issue started in May. My people has gotten along with just using roll #2. Last week, I had a few min. on my hand and I went and decided to put in a roll of paper in roll #1. Voila.. it just started working again. They've been using it ever since last week....Weird. Zoey, I hope you had better luck because I do have a feeling my roll #1 is going to quit on me again and usually will happen at the worst time.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I went there 2 days ago and decided to take apart the shaft with the flywheel on it. I noticed it wasn't turning very smooth as compared to drawer two. I cleaned the shaft and everything on it. Put it all back together and it is working great now. It wouldn't even take the paper before. I hope this helps you.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok anyone got any ideas? The same machine, same drawer, and same issue is back. I am at my wits end. All clutches have been replaced, and the counter roller holder is not broke. Everything appears to be just fine, it just doesn't want to load the paper no matter what spool/paper combo I put in there. Shocked

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What about the door latches and switch. It wouldn't explain why it's only one roll doing it but I have seen some funny stuff happen the the screws loosen up on the latch parts. Both in the drawer and on the machine.

Sometimes the drawer moves in and out a little bit and the switch in the back can read an open drawer if its not "adjusted" tight enough. I have seen this do some weird stuff to.

Just a thought.

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is what happened on a 6000 i had the door latch on the l/side had fallen off and the screw was laying on the bottom of the machine when i took the cover off. the original problem was the second roll kept unloading or wouldn't load because the drawer was being pushed out.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've had that happen to me before. You would see that side of the drawer move in and out. This is usually the very first thing I check, but I think Zoey's issue is a little more complicated than this.

Zoey: My 5000 hasn't had this issue since it magically fixed itself in July. YUP, I just jinxed myself.

Did you try cleaning the shaft like you did in the past?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 5000 Discussions (new) All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: