Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

not communicating with canon scanner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audiej58
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: not communicating with canon scanner Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer who has a Canon plotter and the Kip3000 side by side, what they are trying to do is when they copy or scan a color document, they want it to print on the Canon plotter.

They previously had an HP plotter but replaced it with the Canon. We can print to both the Canon and Kip from the network, but when they go to do a print of the calibration sheet from the canon nothing happens, and if they try to do a color copy or scan it says the calibration has to be completed first. Has anyone ever run into this problem before?

Any and all help will be most appreciated.

Audie Morigeau

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Depending what version software you have on the KIP3000 and what model the Canon is. When you calibrate the canon, you will see if that Canon is listed in the Canon plotter options. For instance, I had a Canon iPF750/755 but it was not an option in the 6.5 IPS. I updated to 7.2 and the Canons were listed. When I had 6.5 and tried to "trick" the KIP3000 by picking a similar model, it would send the information to the plotter but then quickly quit and only a small blank sheet would be printed.

audiej58
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The canon is an I700, it does show up in the KIP menu when I try to do a print of calibration page, but nothing ever happens when we hit ok to print

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm not familiar with that model but I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's in the KIP as a current model. Does anything show up on the Canon plotter screen when you submit a job? Sometimes it'll show up as processing and then just disappear? Or does it not show up as if there is absolutely no connection at all? My only other guess would be to confirm that you have the correct IP address of the Canon when inputting it into the KIP3000 and confirm network connection for both machines. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

audiej58
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I have confirmed canon and kip ip addresses, the 2 plotters sit side by side. It acts as if nothing is happening at all, kip screen acts like job was submitted but nothing prints on the canon.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't want to leave you hanging but you got me stumped also. There are lots of good guys on here and lets see if anyone else can shine some light on this.

audiej58
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: software Reply with quote Back to top

Are you talking about the software or firmware? The customer said the Kip software is at 1.3.34, he is checking on Canon software.

audiej58
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Not communicating Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the firmware version, K105SC 2.00

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the software version we need to know is the unattend version. It will be something like 6.5.485, up to 7.2.348. It is listed on the same screen as the software version you mentioned. I would not be surprised if the machine is running 6.5 or earlier software that it may need to be upgraded to 7.2 to fix your issue. I am not sure about needing the firmware upgraded.

audiej58
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: software Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I did confirm the model of the canon, it is an IPF700, is there a procedure for upgrading the kip software if I need to? I am not formally trained on these products and am learning on the fly. Thanks again.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, an iPF700 is a little different than a I700..LOL. You should be able to walk up to the KIP3000 touchscreen and hit the ? on the lower right corner and midway down the screen you should see Unattend version, it'll be either 6.5., 7.0, 7.1, 7.2. There is also a 3rd numbering like 6.5.486. But still, I'm guessing if it shows the iPF700 as an option, whatever version you do have should be working.

audiej58
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: kip Reply with quote Back to top

I am onsite now, I don't see an unattend anywhere on screen but the kip queue is 6.5.0.188

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh for sure I recommand to upgrade to 7.2.X software. But to do so, you have to ghost the IPS with an original Kip CD.

There is also a file that "update" the plotter machine but I cannot send it cause it's more than 125mb. And the web site where I found that file does not work anymore.

Sorry about it. I'll try to find something for you anyway.

audiej58
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: kip cd Reply with quote Back to top

Can you send me the link to where you got the kip tech cd, I cannot find it anywhere, that is problem I am having now, maybe you can send me the procedure for doing the upgrade, I am kinda lost here, I do have the scanner utility, but it won't run without the k105sc driver, and it says that has to be loaded off the cd. I am appreciating all the help.

audiej58
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: email Reply with quote Back to top

sorry, I didn't give you my email, it is [email protected]

Thanks again Audie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: