Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 8000 leaving paper on the roll.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LDICharlotte13
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Kip 8000 leaving paper on the roll. Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Everyone. Any help would be much appreciated. My Kip is leaving paper on the rolls coming out of drawer 1 & 2 only. Sometimes it is up to half a roll. I haven't seen this before and it is driving me crazy. I can refeed the current roll but it only prints a few sheets and kicks it back out. Also, I have been trying to find a digital copy of service manual for my Kip. Thanks!

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try swapping spools or adjusting the spool brake. Could also be a feed clutch.

DSC43
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been having the same problem...easiest step is to check the spool brakes. Then try the drawer clutchs. I have done both and still no luck, but am going to replace drawer sensors this weekend (this fixed problem on our other unit). Will post to let you know if that worked.

james
resident

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DSC,
Did you resolve this issue? Mine is on tray 1 only, any size paper, changed clutches, gears, feed sensor and matrix pwb.
james

james
resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like replacing the DC Controller resolved the issue.
I'll post if I find out different after running a while.

james
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

follow up-
the dc cntroller didn't fix it, seemed to work for a while then came back. I'm working on it again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: