Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 3000 background issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: KIP 3000 background issue Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having an issue with background over the whole print. It's very faint but noticeable. I Cleaned the the developer roller and vacuumed the housing out, replaced the charge corotron wire and transfer none of this seemed to help. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you repressurized the regulating roller that rides on the developer roller? If not make sure you remove the gear on the end before you do this, and make sure the rubber cleaning blade is cleaning it off perfectly, you should not see any toner on it.

MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: background Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the quick response! i have tried what you have suggested with no luck. Any other ideas that come to mind?

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it could be coming from the fuser roller
an aging drum can cause this also

you can move the main charge wire closer to the grid and/or lower the transfer wire to see if there is a change

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you look at the drum does it have a toner haze on it? If so you may have to raise the developer bias it is overtoning. I am saying this thinking the drum is not at the end of its life as Chazbo has mentioned.

MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Background Reply with quote Back to top

The drum looks fresh, it has about 50k on the drum. I will try the developer bias suggestion.

Thanks again!

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You said you have a background on print, how are the black solid ? If you don't have any good solid but have background, you may have change the dev. roller.

MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: backcground Reply with quote Back to top

Everything looks great, all the solid blacks are good. The slight background is the issue and it's not that bad just faint.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You may have to adjust the developer bias a little higher, but that will affect the solids as well as the background. I've had to do that to a couple of machines this winter.

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have had this issue with a dirty print head a light dusting of toner on the print head will give you a slight back ground

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your input but I can guarantee you the entire machine gets polished every time I go there. I was there last week for a E031 error and the prints looked great, but a small dusting on the grid was causing HV error codes.

adcart8
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: HV Board is your problem Reply with quote Back to top

While reading this thread I was thinking you have a worn Drum or an HV Board problem and when I got through the entire thing it was obvious to me you have a HV Board issue. The Drum does not seem to have enough square feet on it to be worn, although that is not the only factor; and the HV errors you mentioned at the end pretty much solved this for me. The HV Boards seem to go out on these machines with regularity.
I know this post is likely wayy too late to help you but I leave it anyhow for those that have a similar problem and read this in the future.

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You realize that the last response to this post was 7 1/2 years ago

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: