Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

E-16 on a 3620E
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: E-16 on a 3620E Reply with quote Back to top

Customer has an old 3620E (SP5000) and it is showing a E-16 error. I noticed that the cleaning pad is sitting on the left side of the charge assy. I think it should be on the right side by the motor for home position, correct? Whenever I boot up the printer, it'll do it's thing as in warming up for a little bit and shows roll information, then BOOM, E-16. I don't know anything about this machine and any help would be much appreciated. I am at the customer's site so quick help would be much much appreciated. Thank you.

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you can disable wire cleaning in adjustment mode
remove display cover

press and hold SW1...then 3,3,4,3 in 3 sec.

sw1 scroll to 4 then sw2 to sub mode 14
then sw3/sw4 to read "off" in display
press sw1 amd sw4 to exit

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you but it is flickering and for some reason will not let me switch it to off. Sw4 and sw5 is blank. I try to sw itch it before it errors out but can not.

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

you can mask the error

enter diagnostics and sw1 scroll to 6
then sw2 scroll to 07

sw3 or sw4 to exe. I can't remember

the error will be masked until the printer is powered off/on

see if you can turn off while error is masked

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the past I have successfully shorted the two wires together that run the motor and it seems to fool the logic to think it has already run in both directions. Not sure how desperate you are but I have done this and it worked for me.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had to leave the customer's site yesterday. They have a KIP2000 in another dept. that they will temporarly use.

CHAZBO: I'll try to mask the error and let you know if I can turn it off.

CJWILT: Did you short the two wires permanently, or just to make it do it's run?

And yes, I was desparate to get it going. Weird that they are a military contractor but still uses these old printers. The user is begging for a new machine. (So maybe I shouldn't (CAN'T) fix it so that they'll consider a new one..LOL) Just kidding.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I shorted the wires using a classic MacGyver fix. A staple. I used it to get them running until I could replace the motor.

Sounds like it doesn't matter if the machine goes up in smoke so I would go for it. Just make sure to put some MacGyver tape around it.

Good Luck

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK....Just got here a little while ago and could not mask the error or disable the motor so I put a paperclip behind the plug to short the two wires together and VOILA, it did it's run and all the prints in the queue cam spitting out. Now, I forgot my MacGyver tape. So I'm going to have to look for something to cover it. Is this a sure sign that it is a bad motor? I will have to check with KIP if this motor is still available. How long can I keep this paperclip in? Even with the error gone, I still cannot disable the motor. It just blinks. I'm going to 4-14 but pressing 4 or 5 does nothing and 6 operates it.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I left mine in until the new motor came in. I'm not really sure how long is safe. All the short does is fool the DC controller to think the motor reached the end of the auger and it feeds back a quick short to tell it to reverse the motor or stop it.

I have never turned off the motor in the BUD so I don't really know what to say there.

I would think you can still get a motor from KIP but let me know if you have trouble finding one and I will check the junk yard here.

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

blinking means activation and no editing can be done

try this:

mode level 3
sub mode 4d
press sw2 stop/start motor signal

then:
mode 4
sub mode 14
turn off/on signal

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I left the paperclip in and they are temporarily up and running. I am awaiting a response from KIP about motor availability but had to leave for another call. I'll keep you all updated.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let me know if KIP doesnt have a motor I have a used one laying around. Also that machine has a driver board for the main charge wire cleaning motor PW2355 I also have one of those.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I just replaced the motor that I was able to order from KIP. BAM...E-16. I'm just going to put the old motor back in and use the paperclip to cross the motor plug wires. I'm thinking it's probably a board now since bridging the wires will make it run but will not run with a new motor. What do you guys think?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance that the paper clip opened up the pins enough to make no contact with the motor?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would tape the paper clip real good
crate the printer and controller up real good
ship the crate to "mark in vegas" so he can take it to Pawn Stars to see how much you can get for it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: