Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Tech support...Dead
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Tech support...Dead Reply with quote Back to top

I just have to vent about the poor tech support that is out there now.
This is not just directed at KIP, in fact KIP is way better than Oce in this area..... But they all suck right now.
I have a vendor that has not called us back in over two weeks on a down machine.
I have another vendor that will not help us install "THERE" accounting software without charging us $5K or send someone to school for $10K, yes it is Oce. And they wonder why KIP is kicking there butt!!
We won't call KIP hardware support because we know way more about the KIP systems then the tech does when he calls.
KIP software support has been frustrating these days...but they do calls us back and are trying so that puts them in front right now.
I have never gone through a period of time were support has been so bad!!!

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if part of it is because the big companies have cut back on employees that the ones they have left are less experienced and over worked????

It doesn’t excuse the poor support and if they want us to push their products they really should step it up. Times are tough for us all but doing the right thing goes a long way.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do a little research, find out who their CEO and support VP's are and copy them in on what's going on. Be specific, times and dates and S/N's. I know it's a pain but that's the only way things will change. Maybe one of you brains out there ought to start a "pay for help" hotline. If I knew you were a reliable source of technical information I'd be happy to pay.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It funny you say that Mark, many have told me I should do that exact thing and charge for my tech advice. I really never wanted to do that and as you know I offer tech support for ALL of my customers even if it is not developer unit related. i cant tell you how many times a tech has called me and said: " I know you don't work for KIP anymore, but I put a call in to tech support and they have not gotten back to me yet". What can I do I feel for these people. Nothing like getting left out to dry by the manufacturer. For me, my help usually is greatly appreciated and usually turns in to some kind of sale for me down the road. So I guess the system works. Besides, what happens if you charge for support and don't help them fix the issue? Should they pay? I would have a hard time billing someone for tech support that did not resolve their issue. The way I see it, I guess I still kinda work for KIP still. They just pay me a little less than they used to. Or a lot more. Depends on which way you look at it. I have always said KIP should be a contributor to these fine forums. Maybe someday they will see this site a positive.
Until then, I will continue to help everyone "keep it printing".

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I get it Steve. Having said that, I don't think an annual subscription would be unreasonable (you cheapskate haters need not reply). After all, this forum and returning calls takes time and time has a cost. Ultimately it's your call. And since I've ignored your request for a donation if we find the forum useful, I'll kick down some cash (mine, not the company I work for), less than I've received in help but more than most others.

Besides that, it's cheaper than buying drinks when you're in town.....

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You better watch out, we are thinking of doing Vegas in April. I have always wanted to see the Crazy Horse girls.....

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Drinks not ho s. I have it on good authority(my son) that Spearmint Rhino has the top talent......I'm too married for that stuff, and she told me so

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow this thread went off the tracks FAST. Does Spearmint Rhino take SUPPORT calls?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose you could call the girls support reps......

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have always felt better after talking to them....

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I tell you what I think some support people must have just got back from there...
After posting this KIP has busted there butts on a couple of issues for us and are getting or have already taken care some tough issues.
And the company that had not called me back for two weeks called me and that has been taken care of.
Now after all that I am going to head to Vegas and see how much support the poles give at the Spearmint Rhino.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can get alot further with a gun and a pretty girl than you can with a pretty girl alone.....Glad to hear KIP got to your issues. We all need a kick in the pants once in awhile.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think Xerox back in the 90's must have spoiled me.
The Xerox support tech would answer the phone and not hang up until the problem was fixed.
My how times have changed!
Now when I think I'm not getting good support, some other company will be 10 time worse then them and it's like.... well maybe they were not so bad.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I spent 30 years with mother x and I have to agree with you. Part of the troubles started when the bean counters decided that service would become a profit center. Prior to that momentous decision we (they) were all about customer sat, not so much now. This from the same management team that said the Japenese copier companies would never be a threat to Xerox's position in the market.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
You can get alot further with a gun and a pretty girl than you can with a pretty girl alone.....Glad to hear KIP got to your issues. We all need a kick in the pants once in awhile.

^^^That's a little freaky...LOL.

Honostly, I think KIP's software support is great. Hardware support is OK but it is third in line. I (1) test and experiment, (2) then get on THIS forum, (3) then I go to KIP Hardware. But honostly, by first or second choice, I usually have the fix.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: