Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

How Big is KIP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Good guys, bad guys.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIP PhD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: How Big is KIP? Reply with quote Back to top

Someone asked me how big KIP was. Curious, I found a number of sites providing information on Japanse companies.

2005 Worldwide sales: $137,300,000. 240 employees.

As for the PEiR Group, get even, join them and erode KIP profits.

Maybe the Doctor should join them. KIP treachery against dealers is nothing new. They do it because they can, where you going?

The Ricoh machine is crap, we need more companies to enter the business.
Maybe Xerox will finally get their act together.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With Xerox you are selling againist the OEM and the company sales force and service as well as the agents. The company can sell anything any place, the dealers sell what they are authorized on any where. The agents are restricted to a defined terriority. So it's possible to quote againist many others including online and factory direct. There national service organization makes it posible.
The Pier group doesn't have a service organization. They are required to train individuals or contract to us, the dealers, for service.

KIP Phd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let me understand. All you have to compete against is the direct sales force and agents in a territory? That's great when compared to matching up against two to five other dealers, plus PEiR, plus bootleggers, plus KIP Direct in a territory.

Direct sales force have restrictions on price and are not usually well motivated. Agents have no service and could care less about wide-format.

Sounds like a decent situation considering.

jojobutthead
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In Xerox there are 3 forms of sales. Direct sales, agent sales and dealer sales. Most wide format is direct or dealer sales. Most dealers have their own service organizations. Where I'm from, the agent sells and services the full line of wide format and competes with at least 4 dealers including Charette. Then their are another 4 or 5 independent dealers that buy from a wholesaler and resell like I did because I didn't care to sell the Kip 2000.
True Kip also has 3 dealers within an hour apart and sells at a discount to 4 of the blueprint houses in the same area. Then even though most of us choose not to travel more than an hour or get involved in the big cities. We have the big city dealers trying to sell and service out here. ( more than 3 hours away) I like to think that with the 5 and 6 hour driving time I could take at least 3 local calls, so driving a half day doesn't make sense.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Competitive Wide-Format Printing Equipment Reply with quote Back to top

SEIKO TERIOSTAR Printers. 600 dpi. 6.2 D size per minute. user-replaceable process cartridge, (photo-processing unit, lens & charge wire). With this newly developed Seiko-I Infotech technology, end-users can now replace their process cartridge just like in a desktop laser printer without the expense of a service call. Very low service and toner costs.

http://www.seiko-i.com/america/products/Teriostar/index.html

This type of technology will be the way of the future. True print on demand at extremly low cost.

Wait until HP has a product like this, selling for $9,000 on the web. Just like a laser printer. Just change the cartridge as needed...

Think about it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah think about it a watch company making copiers, next baskin robins gonna make philly cheese steaks and kip gonna design baseball caps.

everyone tries to reinvent themselves but not everyone can do it, sure the will sell 50 or so boxes nothing great there fella, been there done that, stick with the 3000 where people get support from kip
see what answers you get from this company, I assure you they wont be what you are used to !

KIP PhD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

10 years ago, who was KIP? As for support, name for us the manufacturer that provides the level of support dealers want. If they did, they would all be out of business.

Every day, the Dealer wakes up thinking "How can I beat the manufacturer?"

Every day the Manufacturer wakes up wondering "How can we screw the dealer today?"

These thoughts are inherent to the manufacturer/dealer system. Nothing will change that.

As for KIP, sell enough machines and you will get all the support you need, but do not expect them to do for you what you must do for yourself.

As for Seiko, who knows. Having the exclusive on an inferior product can often be more profitable than being one of 5 or 10 sellers of the best product.

Fortunes can be made selling products that are not the best. Let us not forget why we are all here.

Mr. Peabody

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anybody remember what the 1st color copiers were like? A disaster. KIP can introduce the color machine, but people are gonna wait for the price to come down. By the 3rd generation it might be O.K. to sell. People today are smarter and will wait for the bugs to be worked out.

Engines
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Seiko Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, just a word to the wise; anyone who knocks the Seiko product has his head in the sand or is an unobjective bystander. Forget about watches, Seiko has a relationship with HP and has been building wide format COLOR for years.

There are several Kip dealers I know that swear by it so I'd ask around b4 I start knocking it.

It is a robustly built, well thought out box that lends itself to virtually minimum maintenance. Last I heard every time you as a dealer purchase one you get a free extra drum! Check it out, it certainly is an excellent second line to consider.

Oh, and by the way, I am not a dealer nor am I a paid spokesperson. If you want some dealer references feel free to contact me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Good guys, bad guys. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: