Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 9900 opinions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
721production
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: KIP 9900 opinions Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Everyone

I have seen a lot of scary info on here about the 9000 but not too much said about the 9900. My shop is considering options for a new machine down the road. We currently have 2 Xerox 721's which have been great for us. But I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on the 9900 whether you run them in your shops or have just heard any rumours. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have one in our shop. We have only had it since September and I have had to do the following:

replace developer
replace fuser roller
replace drum

However; we were printing 24/7 and the parts made it to about 475,000 linear feet. My latest concern is of course, the developer. at 87,000 linear feet I already had to refresh the developer roller yesterday. Beyond these PM issues, the machine is alot faster at processing files than the 9000 and runs pretty good.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We've have a 9900 in our repro department for about 2 years. It currently has about 1.5 million square feet. Up until Kip replaced the entire developer unit and changes all the voltage settings as a factory fix I was cleaning the developer roller constantly. That problem now seems fixes. I also have had problems with the heat roller collecting toner and required weekly cleanings until I replaced it at 1.3 mill. At that point I installed the web roller option hoping to get better fuser life. The machine has had wrinkling of 30" rolls since day one and I haven't found a fix for that as I refuse to order a new pressure roller since this problem was evident the first day it was installed. The machine does seem to run a bit dirty, but now that the DV unit has been updated the machine runs well enough for me to be happy with it, and it does do a much better job at ripping than the 2 8000s we have. I would not hesitate to purchase one as long as it has the developer update installed.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As I can see, the 9900 have the same problems as the 9000...I don't have the 9900 but I have 2 of 9000's with more than 2msqf on both and since the "update dev unit" made on it, machine work fine and stable. Under 300ksqf, I had to change the upper fuser roller but I installed the web option on both machine and now the upper fuser roller can do more than a million sqf. I also replace the press roller with a black one for better dispersion of heat.

The 7.3.X software is good now so I can recommand you to purchase this beautifull baby (9900)

721production
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds promising, does anyone know what Kip did different to the "Updated developer unit" that solved all the issues? Also Zoey you mentioned you had to replace the drum? 475,000 seems kind of early, did it get scratched or chipped?

Thanks for everyones input on this.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They changed one of the heavy duty springs, I can't remember if its on the left or right side of the developer unit. Also virtually every voltage adjustment regarding HV and bias was changed so the service manual is not correct if you ever need to make an adjustment there. If you ever decide to put your old developer unit back in you'd have to restore all the voltages to original spec.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot to mention that Kip told me that if you replace that spring with the new type, and install a new developer roller the old developer unit would work in the machine.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

T Johnson, I notice above a problem with wrinkling of 30" rolls. Do you mind if I ask what brand paper it is? I am having a similar issue w/ 30" paper but it is happening on 3 totally different machines.

You can PM me if you prefer.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Sounds promising, does anyone know what Kip did different to the "Updated developer unit" that solved all the issues? Also Zoey you mentioned you had to replace the drum? 475,000 seems kind of early, did it get scratched or chipped?

Thanks for everyones input on this.

We replaced the drum along with the other parts because it had a pretty bad haze on it. At that time we had a huge job that was having us print 24/7. We didn't want to take any chances and decided to replace it with the other parts.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TXReproShop wrote:
T Johnson, I notice above a problem with wrinkling of 30" rolls. Do you mind if I ask what brand paper it is? I am having a similar issue w/ 30" paper but it is happening on 3 totally different machines.

You can PM me if you prefer.

The paper we are using is OCE. My company does not want to order a pressure roller for it to see if that helps with the wrinkling because it wrinkled from day one, before I started working here

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone have the part number for the spring that kip changed to upgrade the 9900 dev unit. I thought I had it but can't find it.

Thanks

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Z154605930

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know if the new 9900 developer unit will work in the 9000?

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So Far, Not good. Had lots of problems after setup and ran 30000sqft and then had more problems with half tones. replaceing a major part IE the BIAS power board and waiting to see if that fixes it.

R_Rahl
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this thread is old, but I was curious if anyone was able to fix the 30" roll wrinkling issue? Tried slowing down the fuser but no luck.

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: