Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Random E-07 even after new cutter
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Random E-07 even after new cutter Reply with quote Back to top

We have a customer that the printer will randomly give E-07's that he can clear with a machine reset. There doesn't seem to be any issues with the cutter or the one I replaced originally to resolve the issue.

Ideas please.

Thank you!

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Most likely not the cutter at all. Replace your two drive clutches mounted behind the high voltage board on the left side of the machine. I have had this on a few occaisons.

tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Doc, I had my suspicions of those. It's very rare those clucthes ever cuase issues, but they do from time to time.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly. I have banged my head up against a wall a couple times because of those clutches.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I only have 1 6000 in my territory but it had the same issue, and I'd read that the roll feed clutches can cause this issue so I replaced all 4, still had the issue, I didn't have any other new clutches to try to replace the ones the doc is talking about, so I used the ones I pulled from the paper drawers and the problem disappeared, its been 3 months now, no codes, the doc is right.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I recently acquired a new client that has an exisiting 6000. They are having this issue. I do not believe it is the cutter because it is cutting fine. When this happens the paper stops just before the trans/sep unit. Is this the same thing you guys were experiencing when these clutches had issues?

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I truly can't remember if my machine was jamming at the T/S corona or if it was part way out of the fuser. I would tend to think your problem does sound like it could be caused by those clutches though. There is also a sensor up above the cutter that can get dirty or fail that can cause E-07 codes.
When I had the front metal cover off that covers the cutter and watched the paper feed through there was a tremendous buckle right at the cutter, way too much buckle which lead me to think one of those clutches was sticking.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. I will try the clutch. Every time this happens one drawing is hanging out of the fuser while the one following it is stopped right before the trans/sep unit. I cleaned all sensors from just before the cutter all the way to the fuser unit.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I swapped out the clutches on the side and the problem went away for about a week. It is now back. Any other ideas?

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The two clutches that were replaced, were they the same clutch or was one different, as one being a transport clutch and one being a registration clutch? The reason I ask is there are 2 transport clutches on the left side and one registration clutch. The second lower transport clutch is hidden behind the HVPS if I remember right.

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The two clutches that I replaced are the same. Actually what I did was, I took the bottom one and switched it with the top one because they do not have drawers 3 and 4. Also, in the service manual all they show is two clutches on that side of the machine. I don't see a third one listed?

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I guess higher up on the machine there is a paper gate clutch. Is that the one you are talking about?

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are two clutches that drive the paper from the 2 paper decks, and then there is one clutch that drives the roller just before the transfer/separator corona and you have to remove a screw to replace that clutch and I think that is called the paper gate clutch. I am hoping you replaced the other two clutches and not just one deck drive clutch and the gate clutch otherwise you still have one clutch that may be bad that effects the paper in one of the drawers.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zoey wrote:
The two clutches that I replaced are the same. Actually what I did was, I took the bottom one and switched it with the top one because they do not have drawers 3 and 4. Also, in the service manual all they show is two clutches on that side of the machine. I don't see a third one listed?

Sorry I didn't notice this post till after I had replied already. I believe the problem with these clutches isn't that they slip because they are worn out, I think they stick from age and contamination. I am not sure if using a used clutch is proving its not a clutch. I also installed a used clutch the first time and my problem went away for 4 months. Have you manually moved the cutter back and forth to make sure it isn't binding? Is it cleaned and lubed and have you checked the microswitch adjustments on both end to make sure they are being activated as the cutter moves back and forth?

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have cleaned and lubed the cutter, also the micro-switches are fine. I ruled out the cutter because my E-07 is happening before it is supposed to be cutting. It happens just as the lead edge of the drawing is ready to hit the transfer/sep unit. I checked and cleaned both sensors by the cutter. It's really not consistent and they are able to clear it by removing the jam. When it does happen, that is what it is doing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: