Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 6000 & 8000 PDF file processing speeds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: KIP 6000 & 8000 PDF file processing speeds Reply with quote Back to top

I believe this to be a subject of importance to many of us here.

6000 & 8000 controllers seem to choke on newer pdf's, rendering them all but useless. THis has not been a problem until recently because you could get money for them overseas. That dynamic has now changed.

I have my techs working on a solution, nothing yet. Anyone who has a workable solution would certainly be entitled to compensation. After all, this isn't Occupy KIP.

A way to reasonably process pdf files would extend the lives of our 6000, 7000, and 8000's, both in shops and on FM's.

Doc, I smell a fortune to be made here, get on it.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The solution is already here. And thankfully it does not involve KIP at all.

There is a great company called Cadzation that makes a product called Acroplot. It is by far the fastest and most trouble free pdf convertor anywhere. I have all of my large repro shops running it. Simply converts PDFs to tiff and then shoot them over with request. It is a shame that KIP could not see the value in this product and implement it in within thier software. It certainly would make the KIP software package a better more usable product.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Steve,

You are saying that Acroplot is better solution that KIP Convert or Request to make Tiffs from PDF's?

We seem to have issues where they will convert using either, but sometimes they are light, sometimes missing layers and a host of other problems.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is correct. My repro shops swear by it.

james
resident

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do they use the Acroplot Pro or the Acroplot Repro program?

Widehogs
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Which Version? Reply with quote Back to top

Yes Doc, we're thinking about getting an Acroplot version, but which one?

One version cost 200 bucks, the other one six hundred. . . we'd like to do what your print shops are doing, convert pdf to tiff and then submit jobs via Request.

Thanx.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You want the repro version.

Widehogs
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx Doc!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: