Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

OCE TDS400 controller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Software Discussion Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDT Instructor
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: OCE TDS400 controller Reply with quote Back to top

Can anyone tell me where I can get instructions for reloading all of the software on an OCE TDS400 controller PC?

I have a TDS400 printer / scanner in my classroom that needs to be reconfigured and we're on a tight budget... no money for an OCE technician site visit.

Thanks

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

do you have the software CD and a backup floppy disk?
is the controller/PC operating system NT or XPe?

DDT Instructor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have all of the software CD's that came with the machine including the Windows NT floppy disks.

The Computer Systems instructor at our school says he can reload and reconfigure if he knows what to do.

(PS... I couldn't believe it when the OCE service rep. quoted me $500/hour for a site visit.......)

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the process you are speaking of is involved and will erase the hard drives on the PC and reload operating system as well as OCE software to default settings. system features licenses will need to be keyed in. If you do not have a backup floppy you may creat a real mess for yourself. what version of OCE software is on the PC?
example: Power Logic Controller 1.4.3

what is the issue with the printer at this time?

DDT Instructor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will submit a detailed evaluation on Monday when I go back to my classroom. I will document what messages come up on the controller and supply softwares and versions. I really appreciate the help.

DDT Instructor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is what we have:

3 1/2" floppies: power logic controller installation disk
WFPS diskette for data downloading
Windows NT Workstation disk set

CD's: Power Logic Controller TDS400 1.1 UK recovery CD ROM
Driver's CD
User Documentation CD

I have a printout of all of the control parameters and printer configuration settings.

firmpack release number printer - 1.1.0
boot firmpack release number printer - 1.5.0
release number controller - 2.4.4

I also have been informed that the hard disk in the PC has been replaced and the OS has been reinstalled. The PC boots OK but the control software does not initialize with the printer / scanner. The printer / scanner also will not find the controller... we get a message that they are looking for the controller but they never connect. We still have the original hard drive that has not been reformatted.

Thanks,
Jim

ptcdavis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: TDS400 Re-install Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same problem, but got the admin password and loaded the recovery CD with a few warnings. Currently will copy only, No Scanning or printing to. Scanner will not switch between copy ti file, but controller says ready to go. Cannot print either. Anyone have install sequences?

planit
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm,

Did you backup the license file before you reinstalled?

Always make sure, when ever you do anything with the controller software, you back up the file.

You do this by typing in the IP address of the controller into your browser, Click on Activation, log in, then click save when you get to the next screen.

If you don't have a backup of your license file, you will need to contact the person you bought the machine from or Oce.

If you go the Oce route you might have to pay for a new license string, which is a couple of thousand.

Good luck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Software Discussion Area All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: