Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Spindle Stop plate slipping?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Spindle Stop plate slipping? Reply with quote Back to top

At first I though the rolls were backing out, so adjusted the spindle clutch on the end like I have done several times. Still backing out slipping? I pull out roll again and this time (by accident) I turn the spindle and it just spins around inside the core!! What the heck! I asked cust. if they changed vendors, No been using this paper for years! I tried everything! filed stopper teeth, even tried extending the slotted hole, boy, I made a mess of that one. Good thing I have spare spindles from another Kip (and they slip too). I finally got it to work wrapping sand paper around the spindle and sliding in.
This is not a fix! I noticed the stopper can move another 1/8" if filed out. I have a friend with a drill press that we will try to extend slotted hole in a straight line! haha. Anyone have this problem before?? You would think it would be the manufactures core, but it is not looking that way.
Thanks guys!

Jerry
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Spindle Stop plate slipping? Reply with quote Back to top

I was just looking through some old post and one member (Charlie) mentioned there was a gripper mod kit available? Ummmm, anyone know of this?
Thanks

Old Al
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a copy of a response to another thread.

One thing that will cause this that, 3 top service techs missed is if your paper vendor has made their core tubes thinner by increasing the inside diameter. This will make the roll spin off center. To check this back the paper out of the feed point and spin it backwards (like rewinding the paper on the roll) and watch how it spins. We had this problem and went through many service calls and I finally noticed this. The paper was obviously off centered. It was bad enough that you could see it and the heavy side was obvious by rolling down and even rocking back and forth. This was happening when printing, but would only pull the paper back when the heavy part of the roll ended up at a point where the weight would pull the paper back. The clutches could not overcome the force of the offset weight of the paper.

(We measured the inside of the newer rolls and an old core that happened to be laying around and the new core was 1/16 inch more or less bigger inside.)

A modified spindle is some help, but the only real solution is getting the right core inside diameter. It took threatening to change suppliers to get it solved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: