Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Controller will not power on when Kip turns on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awtech
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Controller will not power on when Kip turns on Reply with quote Back to top

The embedded controller in one of our Kip 6000's will not power on when the Kip is powered on every time. Sometimes it will and sometimes it will not. To get it to work I had to plug the controller directly into the wall. I unplugged the serial cable. I unpluged the controller cmos battery. Then I can get into the bios and set it to power on after power loss. If I leave the serial cable plugged in, when I shutdown the Kip I will have to take out the battery again to get it to boot.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it comes down to it, I have a complete controller. It was in one of my in-house machines that I took out of service earlier this year, and was working fine.

wadetech
intern

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try the UPS Card....sometimes its just the fuse blown on the board.

Good Luck
WT

wadetech
intern

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PC Control PCB
Part Number 6606260260

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is also a bank of jumper pins on the MB. One set of them is labeled PW SW ( power switch). Crossing these pins momentarily function as a power switch input. The controller will boot. You may have a dead CMOS battery. Common. But I think also your fuse on the UPS board in the 6000 is also bad as others have mentioned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: