Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

8000 pauses during job then restarts with blank sheet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: 8000 pauses during job then restarts with blank sheet Reply with quote Back to top

One of our production units, an 8000, has started,at random, pausing during a print job and then will continue the print job after kicking out a blank sheet. There are no error codes and you can watch the job via VNC and nothing looks out of place. It will do this wether the job is a multipage PDF or a group of tiffs. The HDP has always been a little flakely and required a PS several months ago. At that time I ran CHKDSK with repair and recover. All seemed OK at that time. The HDP has also been ghosted and patched within the last 6 months.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark,
Did you ever fix this issue?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well sorta......I replaced the post script exe with the latest one I could find and reminded production that tiff's will process quicker. That particular printer also spits out a blank sheet at the beginning of a print run, but since the production weenies aren't complaining haven't spent any time on it. We also replaced every computer in the building with new win 7 units. That's a lie, two of our scanners require SCSI so I loaded a fresh copy of XP on the those two work stations and we're good to go. So to answer your question the only issue we're dealing with now is the blank sheet at the start of a run. Sometimes a large file will slow things up but not enough to worry about. I really think the ghost helped the most.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have one doing a similar thing. Seems that if the customer sends say a 100 sheets. It gets to about 30 prints and pauses, spits a blank sheet warm up lights flashing. After a minutes or so resumes printing. I watched the Fuser temp while it doing this. @ 170 temp the machine starts printing and as it spitting pages out the temp slowly drops till it hits 159-160. Spits out a blank print. Fuser starts warming up till 170 starts printing. Repeat. Them repeat.
I have so far swapped entire fuser units, dc controller, SSR's flicker board, driver board everything. Occationally it spits an E-01 errorcode. Wall voltage is a solid 238 which is the same as the machine next to it with no issues.
Just thought your issue sounded similar.
Thanks

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interestingly enough, this printer will drop into warm up for no reason I can find. I have an IR temp meter and have monitored the running temp, without seeing a reason for the warm up cycle. I'm writing this one off as an FM issue. Have you monitored the wall voltage while it's printing? I think a 5% drop is considered acceptable.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Go into Svc mode 2-00 temp at warm up should be 170 send 50 prints and it probably slowly drops to below 160 which will cause it to go into warm up mode. When it recovers it will probably print the blank sheet

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's exactly what is happening. One of the IR lamps was dropping offline and the other one isn't enough to keep the fuser at temp by itself. I closed up the female pins a bit and all "seems" well. Time will tell.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to hear you may have found something. I hope it fixes the issue.
The one I have is still doing the same thing.

What pins did you adjust?

I tried swapping entire fuser sections and it did the same thing so I'm thinking based on what you are saying to look at the big connector and see if anything is loose.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's the one I found to make less than complete contact. Close up the diameter of the pin just a little. I'd unplug the printer before doing so. It's still too soon to be completely sure but after doing so the temperature stabilized and no more random warn ups.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Update-No further problems. In that area........

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update I will stop in and try it my next trip to the customer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: