Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 3000 in a mobile office

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haggis
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: KIP 3000 in a mobile office Reply with quote Back to top

I have a request from a customer that I am not sure is possible. The customer runs a mobile printing service for the government. Mostly for forest fires and natural disasters. So he would like to know if is possible to put a 3K in a trailer, along with his 2 copiers and 2 HP 1055cm's. The first issues that come to mind are leveling and things like the LED hitting the drum on bumpy roads. They have a tech that is more than compentant to remove the dev unit and even lock the LED in the up position. I just am not sure about the leveling issue and if there are any more issues that I am not thinking of.

Any ideas or sugestions would be really appreciated.

- Alan

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would say go ahead, the printers ship in almost a set-up state anyway.
It would take a pretty good jolt for the printhead to smack the drum.
As far as leveling goes we do not level most of our 3000 installs.
Most of our customers like the ability to move the machine.
We have 13 KIP 3000's out there and no leveling problems at all.
We have 2 with over 50K on them.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with GR81, leveling and bumps shouldent be a huge problem.
My concern would be the power requirements, they will need a good hook-up to power the equipment reliably.

Scott

Haggis
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the input. Power is not an issue, they have a diesel generator that will power a few city blocks and they have power conditioners on there copiers so they know they will need another one for the KIP. We are going to test set one up next week in there trailer and see how it goes.

GR81 you are luck to have 13 we have ordered 25 and only received 10 so far. Oh well it is a great machine.

Thanks

got it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Strip down the frame on the sides, we are having a machinist mount the sides on movable rails. installed generator and spot welded points to secure the unit for movement. This will work, our plan is to hit customers job sites in areas. we are mounting it to a larger van for supplies and larger pick ups. but if it secure like we are making it you shouldnt have any problems we are going to pm this unit weekly to see if anything loosens up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: