Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Need Help! Referbished a developer and now having problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Need Help! Referbished a developer and now having problems. Reply with quote Back to top

I have been having problems with a 6000 Developer unit locking up the machine. I replaced the supply and the dev roller along with the cleaning blade. I am now having an issue where it will not run in the machine. It will lock up the motor on the side. How do you adjust it so that it is as smooth as it was before. I primed it with toner and it seems to roll ok. A little tight but not that much. please let me know. Thanks!

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wiper blade needs to be tight enough to clean the regulation roller but not too tight or it will bind up and the developer unit will sieze up. I usually try to keep the center tension adjustment very light on pressure.

gath99
intern

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep. Definitely sounds like cleaning blade. I use a small paint brush to dust the blade. In my experience, if you have to push on the cleaning blade to line the screw holes up then it will probably flip.

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cleaning blade or not enough toner on seals usually causes this issue. been there many times in early days of 6000.

my solution:
apply sticky back mylar spacers to new (clean) developer seals (not to rollers). cut away spacer where needed. no toner applied to seal.
place other spacers on ends of rollers
apply light dusting of toner to entire cleaning blade before securing in blade holder. when installing blade to holder tighten screws from center to ends alternating left & Rt.
pressurize metering roller. install cleaning blade assy. , but do not adjust/tighten screws.
turn developer roller with tool until metering roller is coated with toner.
now adjust cleaning blade until minimum pressuer will clean metering roller.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: