Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

loosing density right down the middle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qblueprint
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: loosing density right down the middle. Reply with quote Back to top

Hi folks,
I have a problem that I hope some one in here can help me with.Ive got a 6000 that will loose copy density down the middle of the drum.This is a new drum.The drum isn't dirty or building up toner in the middle.I have had that problem before and it is easily fixed with a wipe down of d ink.

I can make it stop for a little while by wiping the drum down with d-ink but the drum isn't dirty and the lightness returns fairly quickly.

I have also put in a brand new cleaning roller.The only thing I didn't replace was the earth spring on the cleaning roller.Its on order.

The copy quality is excellent except for a approximately 2 inch area square in the middle of the drum.

Any one in here run into this problem before.

Thanks in advance,
Qblueprint

Jammin
intern

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am assuming you have cleaned led assembly?

qblueprint
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely.I wish it was something that simple.

I just put another drum in to see if that helps.

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it could be the printhead...I had to replace one because of a white streak on prints

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Light Streak Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah sounds like print head. Is it a 400 DPI?
I have had to replace one as well! light streak occurs at the overlap in the head segments on the RH side just a little to the right of center

qblueprint
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm familiar with the LED problem.Ive had to replace one.A bad LED is constant.

This is different.Whats happening is the copy quality starts off beautiful and after a day or two I get a light streak right down the middle of the drum approximately 2" vertical.The rest of the copy is beautiful on ether side except the middle.

The drum is brand new and the developer unit is a KIP Doctor refurb.I thought it was just a dirty drum down the middle but the drum is spotless when I go to clean it.

Trouble shooting:
1.Checked charge corona wire height and changed wire.
2.Checked transfer/separation wire heights & replaced wires.
3.Checked developer unit for regulator roller cleaning blade misalignment.
4.Checked developer unit for blockage in the regulator/developer roll area.
5.Replaced cleaning roller.

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this is the way my printhead problem started. I thought it was the image formation board which is on the rt. end of the printer where the fuser cooling fan exits hot air. KC3 brought this to my attention. but, in my case the printhead was heating up from use and this is when the white line appeared and progressively got worse.

gath99
intern

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is the cleaning blade flipped?

qblueprint
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chazbo,
How did you remedy the overheating of your printhead?

Qblueprint.

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I replaced it! this was the only fix for me

remove the ozone filters. check the two "very Small" printhead cooling fans. see if the room ambient temperature is maybe too high.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is possible that your problem is only in the morning ? it is going out by the day's forward ?

Just asking cause I had this kind of problem on copier machine and it was too much humidity stuck on the drum...after cleaning it, the problem solved but reappear like you a few days after. After a good polishing, it whent away at the same time the humidity comes down.

Make sure you have good ventilation inside the machine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: