Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Blank prints/Cracked gear SP5000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Blank prints/Cracked gear SP5000 Reply with quote Back to top

Sad Just typed this and it logged me out! 36" prints were coming out fine then 1st 6" had horiz. stripes (like an error code does), but image was ok on rest of print, then stripes, then blank sheets. No error code. STP, from file and the sample print all came out blank. No broken wires. Seemed like a charge problem so swapped out charge wire then drum and pulled developer unit (seemed fine because toner was piling up on drum but there was no latent image of print on drum). While swapping drum noticed cracked white remains of gear that had been encasing a brass (?) fitting behind drum on left side. It is supposed to turn a larger wheel that has a "rubber band" on it but not sure what it does and all the gears (and everything else for that matter) look the same to me in the parts manual.
So: 1. Could someone be kind enough to let me know what this gear is? and 2. Any idea if this would make blank prints (I hope it does cuz then I'd know it can be fixed).

ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Blank prints/cracked gear SP5000 Reply with quote Back to top

The broken plastic part of the gear is what drives the drum Embarassed
So hopefully that will take care of the no image issue. Thanks anyways.

SJDS
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Gear Reply with quote Back to top

Yes that gear would fix your problem it rides on your drum also plays a roll on your developer replace it in you should be good what is the part number i might have one ?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let me know if you need any parts for that machine. I have one that in the next week or so will be stripped down of all parts.

ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing You all are great! 20 4201700900 Spur Gear 60T is the part number. but I ordered one this morning from KIP. So happy to have it verified that this should fix the blank print problem.

Chiller - I'd be very interested in some spare parts as I don't have a back-up machine when something does break. When you know what will be available you can email me, or I could just list what I might be able to afford. Thank you.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: SP 5000 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a complete machine right now, minus the controller. Let me know what you need or would like and it will probably be yours for a little beer money plus shipping. PM me and let me know what you are intrested in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: