Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

8000 w/ 1200 auto stacker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ernie
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: 8000 w/ 1200 auto stacker Reply with quote Back to top

A paper loop forms between the stacker and printer on the trailing end of prints as if the stacker speed begins to lag. No problem on 24x36, just happens on (long) 30x42 size prints, causing intermitting exit jams.

I replaced the stacker motor, cleaned and refurbished stacker rollers, no change.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

BigRedTruck
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Speed Reply with quote Back to top

The 1200 stacker had an chip upgrade to be able to handle the speed of the 8000 compared to the speed of the 9010.

If your stacker didn't get the correct chip, the stacker might possibly work on smaller sheets but not on longer sheets.

gath99
intern

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have two 9000's in my office and they both have the same stacker that you do. A couple of months ago they both started doing the exact thing you're describing on the longer prints. Seemed like the machine was pushing faster than the trays could accept.

My solution for both machines was the actuator(Part #3504400060) on the rear exit. Open the back door, look for that actuator and manually push the actuator to the down position a few times and see if it comes back to it's home position on it's own every time. If it sticks or seems sluggish as it comes back then you can either trim the spring or order a new one.

Ernie
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, the stacker has been set up for the 8000 when they were both installed about 6 years ago. The problem started recently.

I am aware of a sluggish fuser exit actuater, due to a week spring, causing exit jam codes (the printer thinks the trailing edge of the print is still in the fuser exit section). I can not understand how it will cause the problem I have described, but there is always something new to learn.

Thank you for the information.

Yamadog
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Stacker Reply with quote Back to top

How old or how much has the stacker been run?
Have you looked at the black plastic rollers on the stacker?
All of that stuff needs to be replaced at some point during it's life.
Hope that helps I know we have worn them out before.
Good luck!

Ernie
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds very possible, the stacker has run 105,000 LF in 6 years.

Thanks for the advice,

james
resident

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We had a problem kink of like yours, ours would buckle and wrinkle on the trail edge of 30x42 sheets, sometimes jam. I did what Kipdoctor suggested and it worked like a champ. Still working just fine a couple years later.

Even if it doesn't fix it, it shouldn't cause you any problems.

Here's Kipdoctors post:
http://keepitprinting.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=943

Ernie
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I replaced the drive rollers and works great. There are 2 sets, replaced the second set (farthest from the printer). Correction: the unit has 1mil liner feet not 1k.

Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: