Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Deck Jam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charliebrown

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Deck Jam Reply with quote Back to top

I have a new machine out of crate. Showing deck jam. I have check wiring and sensor. all check ok. I have got the machine twice to not show deck jam and made prints but once you open the deck and close it back to showing deck jam. If you leave one roll out it go to no paper. also I have too second paper roll deck out and I get deck jam. Has anyone seen this.

Haggis
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw this problem on a brand new machine out of the box. For me it turned out that the paper was spinning on the core. I have also seen a few rolls of 30" have the core move freely on the spindle. This gave the same error. I ended up doing the spindle modification to fix the core moving problem.

Also I made the mistake of calling KIP on this and they had me checking wires and all kinds of crap that made no sense to me and had no part in the problem.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On a two 3000 that I had there is a spacer disk next to the drive gear for the paper feed on the machine. It meshes up with the gear on the paper deck. There is a little side to side play in the deck and it was causing the gear on the paper deck the hit the spacer instead of the gear and I was getting jam codes. I was also told by KIP to remove the springs on the machine that the roll deck hits. It actualy closes better without them. Hope that helps.

Charliebrown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Deck Jam repair Reply with quote Back to top

Thank's everyone you help me alot. remove spring on left side took care of problem Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Left spring? the one the drawer hits when it's closed? did you only remove that side?

Ok, I'm having this issue on one of my machines now. They use 24lb bond. The cores are tight and clutches and belts all seem fine. In a set of 30 pages they might get 2 jams.

Is this most likely becasue the drawer isn't closed well enough? Do you think removing the drawer springs will help this issue?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have had an issue with a few 3000 giving deck jams when the deck sits to low and the drive gear for the deck is not touching the motor drive gear. I put a washer or spacer between the deck and the slider, it fixed my issue.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe the problem is due to the 24lb bond weight. The roll itself is too heavey and the break doesn't to the job. Not only that but if you tighten the break the drive gear on the left (spindle)starts to jump. If anyone is running 24lb bond without problems please tell me how.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: