Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Stich alignment out of wack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2100 Scanner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Stich alignment out of wack Reply with quote Back to top

I have a KIP 2200 scanner that has major problems with the stich alignment. The 24x36 image is divided in 3 equal segments with 2 lines dividing them. Each one of the 3 sections are off. The center section seems to be the closest to the original. I looks like it's ok in the middle but expands outwards as you move away from the centre. The outer sections seem to be ok on the outer edges but as you move in it expands. I tried to follow the service manual and change the BUD settings on the Backup data list and nothing really worked. I played around with settings for the horizontal size and the pixel adjustment between image blocks (which should have taken care of the lines). Do you think it might be the main board? Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, I can say I have never run into this problem before but I am curious to know when the problem started. Was the scanner recently moved? If so the mirors could be out of whack. From the looks of the manual you should be trying to adjust BUD 54 through 57. Are these the ones you were playing with? Did you max them out in both directions and still see no changes?

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen something very similar. I had two black lines, right where the cameras meet. However, the image itself was correct, just not stitched. So this may not help, but at this point I figure anything is worth a try.
After replacing every board and changing every BUD setting, I was lost.
Then I managed to talk to the finest Kip tech to ever turn a screwdriver, Ray Newman.

Cut a strip of heavy coated plotter paper, gloss or matte, just wide enough and long enough to cover the glass itself. Place it on the glass UNCOATED SIDE DOWN. Run stitching and shading. The long shading, not the K-98 white balance adjust.

When he told me this, I nearly laughed. But I was desperate, so I did it. And then I had to call him back and admit it fixed the problem.

Once again, I wont guarantee this will help you, you are describing a slightly different issue. But it is worth a try.

I now use this on all Kip scanners that don't have a dedicated scanner calibration sheet. It is unreasonable for Kip to think that it is a good idea to use the white reference plate as a white reference. You know, the same plate that has paper running across it, getting it dirty and scratching it. And that will set you back an astonishing amount of money when it needs replaced.

Scott

Tinyminime
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Scott is right! Reply with quote Back to top

Yay for Scotty...

I have lost hair and many dollars over these rotten things.

The 2200 and 2100 randomly start their own shading and stitching when certain conditions arise. This is part of the great design, (you would think though they could have put a warning on the screen not to turn off the scanner.)
The customer fails to realize this and switches it off. Once it is restarted all hell breaks loose. Stitching ETC all out, huge panic by all!
Scot is right , run the shading but make sure to unplug the USB cable from the machine etc , for some reason it can upset the process.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can have the same problem on Kip 3000 series...just make a shading will resolve your problem ( like others says, hard shading with USB cable unplug ).

Jammin
intern

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having the same problem with 2100 scanner and misaligned stitching.
Tried the white balance with sheet of paper and did not work for me.
Any other suggestions did this fix your problem with the 2200?

bigvin21
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the kip scanner utility to restitch the scanner?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2100 Scanner All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: