Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Parts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Parts Reply with quote Back to top

We have a Kip 3000 that is constantly having internal voltage errors. Kip wants to change the three charge wires...for this they want to charge us at least $850...of which they say the parts will be a bit over $100.

I am confident I can change the parts out. Is there somewhere I can get a hold of these parts?

thank you

LDavis
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

I have the parts if you know what your doing when changing them out, call me and I can help.
256 W. Riverside
Spokane, WA. 99201- 6808
(509) 624-2985

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can either buy a spool of wire and string them yourself or purchase OEM wires. Stringing them yourself takes some practice and should probably be saved for another time when you dont need the machine up and running right away. The part # for the Main Charge wire is SUP9810-104 you need 1 and the Transfer/Separation wire is SUP3820-106 and you need 2. I might also buy an extra of each just in case you break or mess a wire up. List price is $29.50 each. PM me if you need some help getting them. $750 bucks to install them seems a bit much to me, a tech that knows what they are doing would spend more than a half hour worst case an hour to do the job. If the weather was nicer there I would fly up to Maine, restring the wire, take you out the local "Gentlemans Club", beers on me, and still put some $ in my pocket. $850.00 I wish I could get away with charging those prices.

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all. Yes, I agree that the prices we are being quoted are just ridiculous. I have found the parts, and I am going to give it a whirl. I have the service manual and looks pretty straight forward. I have been inside our xerox 6204 and the Hp Designjet replacing parts, so this should be no more difficult.
Thank again.

afraher
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does any one know where to get a roll of the tungsten gold plate 100 micron wire?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CHILLIN, you can come over and change my wires anytime!!!
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Parts Reply with quote Back to top

In_Maine wrote:
We have a Kip 3000 that is constantly having internal voltage errors. Kip wants to change the three charge wires...for this they want to charge us at least $850...of which they say the parts will be a bit over $100.

I am confident I can change the parts out. Is there somewhere I can get a hold of these parts?

thank you

If you can acquire a magic eraser which are not "legal" for sale in the United States you won't need to change the wires. A good source would be Japan.

There is toner build up on the wires and on the chrome plates in the corona assemblies.

Make sure even if you change the wires you wipe down the chrome plates and get all the toner off of them. More often then not this is what causes the charge issue and not the wire itself.

Don't get caught up in the thickness of the gold coatings on the wires it's not important.

Machines use to only come with Tungsten Wires without any coating on them. Then they started to use Platinum and Gold coated wires claiming longevity. That's only true when first replaced. It's been our experience that by using the magic eraser you get longer life between cleanings than you do with a new wire.

And if anyone cares whey these erasers are illegal it's because of counterfeiting. These erasers will erase ink and toner from paper (example: checks) and if done properly you can replace what was written with anything you would like.

Enjoy! Very Happy

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Found this on snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/eraser.asp

Doesn't mention the counterfeiting issue.....

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
Found this on snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/eraser.asp

Doesn't mention the counterfeiting issue.....

That's because it's not the Product "Magic Eraser" by Mr Clean.

It's nicknamed Magic Eraser. This product has been around longer than the Mr Clean "Magic Eraser".

The "USA Friendly" version of this product is can be located here: http://www.amazon.com/Pentel-Click-Hyper-Eraser-ZE32-Y/dp/B0013NHT16

the now "USA Friendly" version might work. I don't know. We never tried it.

The ones we have are from Japan (Not just the eraser holder just saying "Japan"). The eraser is chemically made to erase toners and ink.

If I can dig up some specifics I will post it here.

UPDATE:
I found a new package for the eraser. There seems to be two ways to get the correct Eraser for the Eraser Holder.

Amazon is selling the ZE32-Y Holder with an eraser but the picture appears to have a different Eraser with it. The color isn't correct.

However on both eBay and Amazon through a company called Japan-Subculture they are selling the correct Eraser Refills.

Here are the links to the correct Refills. At least they appear correct based on the pictures. Try at your own risk. The two links are below.

Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/Pentel-Click-Eraser-Refill-ZER4-1/dp/B0017OLH96/ref=pd_sim_229_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0VVTD1DKAGG0NDGG9JBH

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentel-Hyperaser-Clic-Ink-Eraser-Refill-/131516921675?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9f04f74b

I recommend that you order a holder for it as it's hard to control the eraser without it.

You can order from directly from Japan probably with the correct eraser installed but it's at least $30.00. The holder on Amazon for $9.00 is the way I would go even if you have to throw away the eraser that in it. And if the eraser in it happens to be correct then victory will be yours.

God bless Amazon.com.

Last edited by gjames on Thu May 28, 2015 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Worth giving it a try. In my experience when a company makes something that works "safe" it stops being effective

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
Worth giving it a try. In my experience when a company makes something that works "safe" it stops being effective

I agree. Do you remember the product "Jig-A-Loo" yet another you can't get anymore.

They will save us from ourselves so we can continue to pay taxes. LOL.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since this is a public forum I won't respond with my first smartass thought....OK you got me, what's a "Jig-A-Loo"

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
Since this is a public forum I won't respond with my first smartass thought....OK you got me, what's a "Jig-A-Loo"

LOL. Here it is. You can't get it in the USA anymore.

http://www.jigaloo.ca/

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Every day I learn something I didn't know the day before. Wonder what the origin of the name is. Sounds a little like WD40.....

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mark in vegas wrote:
Every day I learn something I didn't know the day before. Wonder what the origin of the name is. Sounds a little like WD40.....

It's great stuff. It's more like a Silicone Spray but on crack.

Because of this post I decided to see if I could order some from Canada even though previous attempts were fruitless.

I just found some on eBay. But I had to buy a CASE. I hope they will ship it to me. "Keeping my fingers crossed"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: