Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

SP5000 prints look washed up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: SP5000 prints look washed up Reply with quote Back to top

I've been through this machine a few times before but I've never had formal training on it. The client calls and says that the prints look washed out. I will be going to look at it first thing in the morning. Is there anything that you all can suggest I look at/for. I will post what I find, if anything or if it is worst than I thought.

GHOST
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: printer Reply with quote Back to top

is this a 3820e print eng.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No it is the KIP3620E, unless they are the same thing.

Well, I went and did a quick PM on the machine. I took the Dev. unit out of the machine but didn't do anything to it. I cleaned the wires and paper path. I took the cleaning blade off and cleaned it but noticed that the regulation roller was caked up with toner. I wasn't able to take the toner off the roller and I wasn't able to remove the entire cleaner assembly. Does it matter that the reg. roller has the toner shadow on it?

Also, do anyone know if KIP still sells parts for this machine?

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 3620E is not an HDP machine so it does not have a regulation roller. Your issue is most likely in the developer. There are several Tech bulletins on this, you may need to restart the developer with starter toner (SUP3820-108). KIP does still carry the toner and most parts, but that is limited to stock on hand. email or pm me if you need these bulletins.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I meant the Magnetic roller under the rubber cleaning blade of the cleaner assembly. I took the cleaning blade off to clean it and the magnetic roller underneith had the toner shadow all over it. After I did my normal cleaning it seemed to print darker over all. Now I am trying to find the parts listed in the Periodical Replacement Parts list, esp. the wires, separation nails (upper and lower) and rollers.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds strangly familiar. This machine isnt right outside of buffalo by any chance? Hopefully not the same customer but I just came across the same model machine while servicing another machine for the customer and the customer had the same complaint...I serviced it recently and found the corona wire cleaner to have been removed and the wires were caked.... after cleaning them the print density was greatly improved... the customer told me the service provider who serviced it recently told them they need a new drum... the customer did say the tech had told him he was never really trained on that model. they also said they had more than one service provider look at it. I would hope they just use it so frequently that the wires became contaminated after the recent service

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, not the same machine, wrong part of the state. And the post was from two years ago. That just might be a characteristic of these printers and knowledgable techs that work on these old ones are probably few and far apart.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw august and totally misread the year. I know I had a hard time with the developer housing... I only have manuals for the newer stuff and the older starprint stuff seems to come apart a bit differently.
I'm in the buffalo area but also have equipment in the Syracuse and Binghamton area so wasnt sure...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: