Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Very uneven cuts once paper roll is low

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Very uneven cuts once paper roll is low Reply with quote Back to top

I have a KIP8000 that once the paper gets down to about a 1/4" thick on the roll, it'll start cutting off the prints at totally different lengths. I notice this more on longer prints, regardless of 30" or 36" wide. One sheet could be almost up to an inch difference from the next one. I know that there is a setting for rolls when it gets down to half or less, but this is printing crazy everytime it gets down low. On a full roll, the printer prints perfectly fine. When it gets low, I find that all prints will be totally off.

lead guitarist
intern

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you ever find a cure for this? I am having the same thing happen on a 9000. Roll gets low and the cuts get longer and uneven...

Replaced all feed clutches and reg clutch. When roll is new all is fine??

John B.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is expected on the 8000/9000. Only in the 9900 can you adjust for cut based on what roll is left in the drawer.

All you can do is set a happy medium and let the customer know.

lead guitarist
intern

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would agree with you however the 9000 right next to it does not have this problem. The 9000 in question also had not had this problem until just recently. I can't tell our owner that, that's the way it is. production would say it did not do that before and I do agree with them.

All of the drive gears look great, new chain, all new feed clutches and all new reg clutch. One more thing is the brake which I am installing today..

Perplexed,
John B.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If all the normal stuff has been done like:

Clutch adjustments, Chain and sprockets replaced, etc.

Then you may need to focus on the cutter.

Could be that the cutter isn't set properly for Home Position. Also apparently the end of the cutter should move a little. There was someone on the forum talking about this. They said if the cutter was bolted down tight it would cause issues. The bolt should when tight allow the end of the cutter to be able to move up a little. Honestly I don't know about that for sure.

Did this issue happen all of a sudden? or was it noticed after some changes/repairs?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow...old post...lol. We changed our way of doing paperwork to digital a couple years ago. I don't even have the paper trail to this and I apologize for not posting what I did. But after seeing what you've done so far, yes I would try the brake. I will post if I can think of something else that you haven't already tried.

FYI: I have 2- 8000s and 2- 9000s sitting next to each other and each sheet is dead on straight and both the 8000s and 9000s does have the TE Margin Compensation caused by the variation of roll thickness. (Pages 8-73 and 8-74 of their respective service manuals.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: