Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

RANDOM WRINKING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yankeeboy
intern

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: RANDOM WRINKING Reply with quote Back to top

I HAVE A 3000 THAT WILL RANDOMLY WRINKLE ON ALL SIZES DUE TO PAPER PULLING ON THE RIGHT SIDE AND WILL CUT UN EVEN ANY CLUES WILL BE HELP FULL TO ME. THANKS

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Differents possibilities...from the deck, remove and clean all PF clutch for better feeding, remove and clean/lubricate the cutter ass'y, remove the left or right cover to see the paper passage around T/S and transport unit, check if the paper is bend or buckle, if bend, lower fuser speed, if too much buckle, fastest the fuser speed.

Start with this and let us know.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would also check the fuser for worn fuser roller bushing/bearings and the pressure roller bearings.

Also the old 3000s had too much pressure applied to the fuser section from the factory. You might need to lighten the pressure if it has never been done. Tech Bulletin TB-K105-032 talks about the pressure issue.

yankeeboy
intern

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: RAMDON WRINKLING Reply with quote Back to top

THANK'S GUY'S IT END UP BEING THE CUTTER. THANK'S FOR YHE INFO.

yankeeboy
intern

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: RAMDON WRINKLING Reply with quote Back to top

THANK'S GUY'S IT END UP BEING THE CUTTER. THANK'S FOR YHE INFO.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry guys, still doing it. Don't think it was cutter but will recheck along with other things...

gzspark61
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Referb the fuser and set all feed settings to -2.
No need for rollers ..just Bearings and Bushings..
and A little adjustment to the gears.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gzspark61: can you be more specific?

OK, so I just replaced the cutter and it wasn’t the problem. I ran about 30 sheets of 36x48 and it started to wrinkle again. Weird thing is that it’ll wrinkle 2 or 3 sheets really bad and then work itself out and start printing normal again for 25 or 30 sheets and do it all over again. I can hear it wrinkling in the mid-transport area and if I open it, I can see where it is wrinkling right in the center of the paper, as if it is catching on something. And when the cutter cuts these, they are all at an angle. If I take the cover off the side where the power switch is, I can see the paper pass the drum into the fuser. I can hear when it wrinkles and it is definitely before the drum. All of the transport rollers seem to be working properly, so I am at a lost. I’ve taken the left side cover off and watched all the gears turn and all the shafts turn with them.

Col.Buckshot
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Replace the paper feed mag clutch in the paper deck. I had one wrinkling & cutting uneven too. Turned out to be the mag clutch that drives the exit rollers on the paper deck. Those are the rollers that form the cutting loop.
Rule #1, When all else fails - get a bigger hammer.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, so you are talking about the two clutches on the left side of the drawer under the metal panel, correct?

Col.Buckshot
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Correct. The top one drives the deck exit roller and forms the paper loop that allows a straight paper cut. Thats the one I replaced.
Rule #1, When all else fails - get a bigger hammer.

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I get this but only from drawer 1. Also have replaced clutches. Had a few adjustments to the cutter. I did not solve this yet. Still working on it. Havn't tried a few things yet

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just fixed a KIP 3000 with random wrinkles and snake deletions with some rubber rejuvenation on the paper feed rollers in drawer and reg roller.

Good Luck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: