Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP TO SELL 3000 TO XEROX?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RACER X

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: KIP TO SELL 3000 TO XEROX? Reply with quote Back to top

Can anyone confirm what we have heard: KIP is going to sell the 3000 to Xerox. If true, this could bring back Xerox from the brink and make life interesting.

??????????????????????????????????

Racer X

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw mention of an upcoming Xerox 610 system to compete with the 3000 and Ricoh 240. Unsure if that is related to your question.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is incorrect. Xerox could of had the option with the KIP 3000 but Xerox did not renew a three year deal with KIP on the 8000. Xerox is now all fuji boxes with the Jap software. Xerox will have a new high end unit coming out shortly.

KIPROD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: what about the phantom? Reply with quote Back to top

Menace? I dont think so..... fuji boxes... remember 6030 and 6050???
If xerox has a phantom we have a RAPTOR F-22.. stop worrying....
SMOKE THEM!!!

KIP PhD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

KIP can't even produce enough 3000's to supply their own dealers. KIP has made progress in converting many Xerox dealers to KIP. Giving Xerox the 3000 would send many of them back to Xerox, which might not be so bad.

Not likely though, not even KIP is that arrogant to sell out their dealers. The Xerox name is now garbage in WF, let it stay that way.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anonymous wrote:
I saw mention of an upcoming Xerox 610 system to compete with the 3000 and Ricoh 240. Unsure if that is related to your question.

I know that Xerox does have a box coming out that will compete in the low end arena.
We have a few techs that have now been trained on both boxes (we are Authorised dealers for both)

kiprod

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: phantom pics Reply with quote Back to top

i have pics of the phantom i dont know how to upload them here, kip dr let me know where to send them..

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

e mail them to [email protected] and I will get them up here

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this the machine in question?

http://www.xerox.com/go/xrx/equipment/product_details.jsp?cat=Product%20Taxonomy/Wide%20Format/Digital%20Copy%20Print&Xcntry=USA&Xlang=en_US&prodID=WF_6204&metrics=IMG_PROD_WFDIGI_PROMO_PSG_WF6204_060203

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: KIP 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it is. Thanks for posting it here. You have been a welcome addition to the forum.

Depending on the price, this may send a lot of Xerox dealers who also have KIP back to Xerox, just to avoid the oversaturation (is that a word?) of KIP dealers in their area. They may even be able to make a decent margin on it as Xerox will be pulling out all the stops to regain dealers.

(treating dealers like customers, instead of sled dogs, imagine?)

But you know Xerox, they will screw it up somehow.

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How much will it cost the end user? Are we talkin' 12k or 17k?

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like to know what I'm up against.

http://www.mobilewhack.com/printer/review/xerox_6024_wide_format_solution.html

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?SESSIONID=&aId=8913

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neil Johnston wrote:
I like to know what I'm up against.

http://www.mobilewhack.com/printer/review/xerox_6024_wide_format_solution.html

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?SESSIONID=&aId=8913

similar specs to the 3000. Shipped in one piece (we have one on our floor (which means it can be 'built' in under an hour)).

4 d's a minute (with an option to go to 5)
up to 25k linear a month. (this is based on someone trained on 3000's and 6204's )
print quality like the 6030/50's, without the intial snafu's of the early Fuji Controllers.

Cost (from my understanding) will *directly* compete.
It has its flaws though.

kiptunes
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

guest wrote
It has its flaws though.

anybody know what they are cause up here in Canada they are giving 60 months free service to customers and are only selling direct hard to beat
________
Yamaha dgx-620
________
How To Roll Blunts

Last edited by kiptunes on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:07 am; edited 2 times in total

KIP PhD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: KIP 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

Most likely the cost of service is baked into either the lease, or more likely contingent upon the purchase of supply kits. Attack on cost per copy. Sell the responsiveness of smaller company and personal service. Most people are smart enough to know that nothing is free, make them realize this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: