Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Positive fix for E 51 issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Positive fix for E 51 issues Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I am about to give you some that "unauthorized and unofficial" information right here, right now.

If you are sick and tired of E51 codes for what seems like no reason, read on.

It is my feeling the KIP 2000 and the KIP 6000 monitors the overcurrent on the chargers a little too closely. Sometimes just a spec of dust or toner can throw it into an E 51. If there was no monitoring circuit, the impurity would have just burned off and the machine would still be running. So what to do? Let's disable the monitoring circuit. Real simple operation.
On the bias and charger board in the 6000 and the 2000 (same board)
there is a connector CN 302. Here is the monitoring pin out for that connector.

PIN 6 1st Charge
PIN 7 Transfer
PIN 8 Separation

So, if you want to stop the machine from monitoring these signals, simply cut each wire and tape the end so they don't touch anything. The machine runs fine without them. Keep in mind, if you really do have a 1st charge shorting, you will still get a black print. It does not stop the charger from shorting, just ignores the overcurrent signal.

Please use this information at your own risk. If you don't understand what you are doing, please seek competent technical advice. I take no responsibility for the information contained above. ( legal crap). This works.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KIPDOCTOR,
Thanks for the info. I had resignd myself to visiting my 2000 and 6000 customers monthly (and enduring the "when are you going to get a desk here?" comments)

Scott

Dave
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: E-51 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been adding a 1 meg/2 watt resistor in line with the charge wire. It decreases the amperage to the charge wire. Since I am at 6000 ft above sealevel, I seem to run into this problem a lot. This fix will keep your E-51 available when you truely need it. It doesn't affect copy quality and reduces the errors to a manageable level. I have also had success on other digital machines.

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: NEW EPROM Reply with quote Back to top

Kip issued new eprom fella's !!! that will take care of the 51's

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not exactly true, Intern. Kip did issue a new eprom for the 2000. The only difference is that now when you get an E51 it will be followed by another number indicating which charger is in overcurrent. It does not eliminate the E51 nor does it change the sensitivity of the monitoring. The 6000 is the same as it ever was. Just to clarify.

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe from conversations they do have an eprom that removes the e51 errors it replaces the old one. I know this is true for the 2000

awtech
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Positive fix for E 51 issues Reply with quote Back to top

Is there such a fix for the 3000?

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wish there was a way to turn it off on all the KIPs.

But the answer is no. It was only possible on the 2000.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually 2000, 6000, and the new 5000.

It may be possible on the 3000. I will need to look at the schematic very closely.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

According to the shcematic I have the pin out and connector number are the same. I have not actually tested this, so you may want to try it on a test machine first. CN302 Pin # 9 is for the bias over current detection. The rest are the same as at the top of this post. (same as the 2000)

Let us know if it works.

ubpc
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: E-512 Reply with quote Back to top

Super clean the S/T unit and replace springs---seems to have worked for us

ubpc
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: e 51 code Reply with quote Back to top

Image is blank after disabling pins 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: