Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Small Format Jamming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buddha
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Small Format Jamming Reply with quote Back to top

Question fellas. Got a customer who is hell bent on running small format prints on a large format 6000. The problem is it keeps jamming. Are there any fixes or tricks that y'all know about for this issue.... I was thinking it could be some wire heights or something along those lines... also I remember on the old 2000's that kip had a kit that would increase the "suction" of the small format prints... does this or could this work in the same manner with the 6000? Thanks in advance.

doodad
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You may want to clean the transfer belts with alcohol and then treat them with rubber rejuvinator. Also check and clean the ozone filters. I have found this works most of the time.

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to work if you tape the holes closed in the plate in the middle by the transport belts

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If they are printing 8.5" sheets, there is a tendency to jam because the distance between the fuser section and the mid-transport is about that length. Increasing the suction could help. I always make the minimum cut length 12" through printnet. Although, this will mean that they will have to trim the sheets down if they are smaller.

ubpc
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: increse suction Reply with quote Back to top

How do you increase the suction?

Mine jams after each page. I needed half scale dwgs, 12x18. I can print one at a time, but as soon as I send more than one it jams.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Taping the hole down and keeping the belts clean will work, it might just easier to have them order rolls of 12 inch paper. Then the length will be 18 and they should go through the machine with no problems.

gath99
intern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: increse suction Reply with quote Back to top

ubpc wrote:
How do you increase the suction?

Mine jams after each page. I needed half scale dwgs, 12x18. I can print one at a time, but as soon as I send more than one it jams.

We ended up setting the paper minimum cut size to 12.5". For some reason anything under this size jammed for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: