Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Thanks for the response!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eboucher
resident

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the response! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is my post and the response I received from Kip on their forum.

Me: I just came out of a customer location where I had a hard time installing Request on Vista. The operating environment is Vista 64 bit, Server 2008 on a domain. Because of group policy in server 2008, when you install Request in the programs folder on a local machine, Request will not work. The work around is to install in the root of the C drive. So you want to create a folder called Kip and install there. I don't know if anyone knows this or cares to test. But this worked for me.

Kip: In order for the KIP Request to work properly on Windows Vista you need to install the KIP Request software as Admin. To do so right click on the Request.exe and select Install as Admin. After it installs you MUST run it the first time as Admin (right click on the Shortcut created and choose Run as Admin) this sets up the proper pathing. You should then be able to use the software without issues (I have it here on a Vista box on my desk).

If you are still having issues try turning off User Account Control (UAC). This is done in Control Pane under User Accounts there you will find Turn Account Control on or off.

Thanks for the response that makes me look like a dope. I try to help out and report an issue that I think would be helpful for future tech calls and this guy throws the same tired response that didn't resolve my issue. Thanks for nothing again! Evil or Very Mad

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Once again KIP steps another step lower in the quality of their technical support. The horror stories of no call backs and "gee we have never seen that before" are getting to be all too frequent lately. Maybe someone at the top should consider retiring before the fall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Stories All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: