Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Gray turn to greenish color

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2100 Scanner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Kahuna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Gray turn to greenish color Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure someboby have seen this before, that when scanning to print to a Z6100 or any HP plotter the grays comes out green. I am having that issue right now, what can I do to fix this. Performed all calibration even replaced the lamp but none of it solved the issue. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

wadetech
intern

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have the same problem with a Z6100
What I do is scan to file first , then print the file to the Z6100 , this seems to correct the color issues.
I have tried everything to resolve this issue.
Looking forward to some Tech Tips on this one.

WT

Big Kahuna
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am trying something right now. I got some settings to try from a good KIP guy and if it works I will let you know. It's pretty invole.

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We've had this same problem for years on our 2200 scanner to an HP 5500. The only way we can correct it is to scan to file and use filters in KIPColor to correct it. I'd like to see if there are any other solutions.

MHardee
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wadetech wrote:
I have the same problem with a Z6100
What I do is scan to file first , then print the file to the Z6100 , this seems to correct the color issues.
I have tried everything to resolve this issue.
Looking forward to some Tech Tips on this one.

WT

Not having one of these scanners makes it diffcult to diagnose, but, all of the comments seem to point to incorrect color management. By "printing to the Z6100", I would bet there is a profile to profile conversion going on and that's why you would get different results. A lot depends on:

How the driver handles ICC profiles.
How the controller (rip) handles them
If you have the source profile (scanner)
If you have the destination profile (printer)
If the driver will honor embedded profiles..

Does KIP have any documentation relating to Color Management? I would almost bet that that is where you should look to obtain consistency. With the proper tools and workflow, it is amazing...

Food for thought..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2100 Scanner All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: