Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

First 5 prints out of a set print 1/4 inch too long.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PPCPete
resident

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: First 5 prints out of a set print 1/4 inch too long. Reply with quote Back to top

On any drawer and any width if you submit a print job the first 5 prints of the set come out approx. 1/4 too long and the the rest will be spot on!
If you run just a test sheet form dignostics I have it dialed in too exactly 24 in. long and they come out O.K.
Any suggestions???

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What did you find on this? Drawer 2 of my 9000 is doing this exact issue. Drawer 1 dead on, and drawer 3 is all over the place ranging from 1" too short to 1/4" too long every sheet.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Clean your cutter ass'y, it become dirty and hard to turn, just enough before giving error code.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks but I just cleaned cutter inside/out & lubed = didn't change anything.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any other suggestions? KIP told me to clean everything, since I already replaced just about everything that moves or lubes...

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you replace both brakes as well?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, last month this printer was sending uneven prints through every paper drawer, I replaced all the sprockets, chain, paper gate clutch assy (clutch and brake), paper feed assy (clutch and brake). After that, it ran perfect, then all of a sudden it started doing this. Except this time, drawer 1 is still perfect, 2 shoots the first 5 out 1/4 longer, but the rest is dead on. Drawer 3 is just all over the place from an inch short to almost an inch longer, every sheet. From what I see (hope this helps), it seems to be the LE that's causing this because the border of the image is all over the place but the border image to the TE remains the same on all the prints. I've adjusted the brake numerous times, I know it says 2mm but I loosen it and toggle it and turn it and do whatever and nothing seems to be working.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2mm brake gap? Try using a piece of copy paper to gap the clutch. At 2mm I don't think the brake will even work.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm almost positive I read somewhere it said 2mm (I'm not good with measurements), but I use a 65 lbs copy paper to space it. Are you referring to 20 lbs copy paper?

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: gap Reply with quote Back to top

Its an air gap or 0.2mms or
2/10 of 1mm!

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's what I meant..LOL.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yeah, I'm sure you meant to say that. 65# ought to work also.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I've either recently replaced or readjusted everything. One thing I've noticed, that I've never seen before is if you take the cover off the gear side, there is lots of residue from the drum drive belt all over the place and the belt looks very cracked up like it's dry rotted. I've never had to replace this belt but don't know if this could be causing the uneven prints. What I've also noticed is that it is either now pushing all the image towards the LE or it's cutting the previous image too long, causing a shorter LE of the next print.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The belt is done, put a fork in it. I've had other belts in that condition throw teeth or just break apart. I don't know if that is causing the problem but it needs to be replaced

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the process of replacing the belt, I found that the bearing on the shaft of the smaller pulley had worn down the shaft and was wobbly. So I replaced all new bearings and shaft and everything looks good. I put the machine together and run a bunch of prints, the first sheet comes out longer than the rest but I adjust that really quick in service mode, then all are printing good. Now, the issue is that when the paper roll gets low, my guys say that it starts doing a low moan and sounds like the paper is having a hard time moving through the printer. This is when it starts to cut all uneven again. Any clue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: