Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

The doctor's first impressionsa of the 3000
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: The doctor's first impressionsa of the 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the word of the day yesterday on my first 3000 install was WOW!

This is the best thing to come out of KIP since the 8000.
A very well executed unit as far as the hardware goes. Congrats KTA guys. The install was one of the easiest I have seen. And I never saw the machine before!

Software integration is top notch. Congrats to Philly B and all of the GUI designers. Nice job Al D, Ship, and Raj. The touchscreen interface is slickest thing I have seen, ever!
Request 6 rocks!
KIPNET? I love it. Welcome to big leagues gentlemen. You have earned it.
I will be selling many of these, you can count on it. This is a grand slam homerun almost as good as the Sox wining the series!

Congrats again to all the hardware and software engineers that worked on this. I will personally buy you all a beer at the IRGA this year.

I hope you all have been rewarded for your great work. You have changed the face of KIP forever.

KIPROD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: KIP3000 Reply with quote Back to top

Great box!!! some wish list items

-- usb, mouse keyboard input from the box without actually needing to open it.
-- VNC please.....
--- NO smart boards???? . Can not see how much paper/toner left from PowerPrint Request 6 (correct me if I am wrong)
--- I do not get the new http manage the print queue concept yet

will sell LOTS of these.... quality, speed and ease of use SUPERIOR to anything... yet ...

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1 why do YOU need a keyboard and MOUSE?

Yes I agree a read out would be nice for software BUT, price of unit would go up because of the hardware end.

VNC?

The http is the wave of the future,Its easier and IT freindly and SOLID,

KIPROD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

some customers have requested the ability to have keyboard and mouse. Most of DM systems in the market have either a touch screen pen or the option of using keyboards and mouse...

VNC remember manage the print queue? that's VNC. you can not run code or install anything on the controller or modify inis or simulate .PEN settings without the ability to basically access the controller. Before with VNC it was easier to do it remotely.

Eventually KIP will have to come up with a distributed printing control/monitoring tool where enterprises can basically distribute their docs that have been scanned or that need to be printed. Hopefully they will come up soon with one or create a connector..

George Clooney

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"some customers have requested the ability to have keyboard and mouse. Most of DM systems in the market have either a touch screen pen or the option of using keyboards and mouse..."

Any touch screen pen will work on this interface. Theres really no need for the end user to have a keyboard on this unit. And Ive discovered that some of the software functions are expecting the user to touch and not type. If they want to type theyre probably ready for a true scan to file system. Other than maybe changing the computer name I don't know why you would need a keyboard on this.

"VNC remember manage the print queue? that's VNC. you can not run code or install anything on the controller or modify inis or simulate .PEN settings without the ability to basically access the controller. Before with VNC it was easier to do it remotely. "

Run code? Why are you bothering to install anything? It doesnt need a network client, or anything shared, or mapped. PEN settings are changed and uploaded thru Request 6.0.

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree That all the requests are moot, I believe the unit is to new, and it seems as always someone wants to reinvent the wheel.

This unit is solid from soup to nuts, If they are that picky about keyboard and mouse and other small non issue items,

It maybe possible either your sale's person or Service tech didnt SELL the Product to the expectations of others!

By the time I leave their office or my staff, the only thing they complain about is Why they didnt get the unit faster and how much toner and paper we have in stock !

mark@EOS
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: KIP3000 Reply with quote Back to top

KIPROD wrote:
Great box!!! some wish list items

-- usb, mouse keyboard input from the box without actually needing to open it.
-- VNC please.....
--- NO smart boards???? . Can not see how much paper/toner left from PowerPrint Request 6 (correct me if I am wrong)
--- I do not get the new http manage the print queue concept yet

will sell LOTS of these.... quality, speed and ease of use SUPERIOR to anything... yet ...

VNC? It is there, just not in request. Go to the Request folder and launch the .exe file. The updates being pushed to the controller is excellent as well as the "problem folder" .

KIPROD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: 'transfer' / network scanning Reply with quote Back to top

Ok has anyone found out a way to push files to network folders without the 2 or 3 new steps? . I like the new kip mailboxes i do not understand why not the ability to do it direct. Great product though i love it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is not currently possible with the 3000. If you would like to direct this to a desktop, it is possible to create an FTP site on an end user's workstation and scan directly.

If you are looking to scan to a network folder, then I would recommend selling a full system such as a 605(4/2) or a 705(4/2). The 3000 is not intended for this type of operation. It is a basic wide-format copier.

jojobutthead
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the real question is how are these done on a Xerox or an Oce and how many extra steps and extra $$$$ are needed. Then can they be done at all on a Kyocrea or a Ricoh. I think once the 3000 is placed in prespective with it's so called peers and not with machines that cost 4 and 5 times more, that true beauty of the 3K will be visible.
AS IT STANDS NOW THE LOW VOLUME WIDE FORMAT MARKET HAS A NEW BENCHMARK.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finishing up 3000 install number six. This machine is the "cat's ass" to quote someone I once knew in another life.

I am selling these like hot cakes. If only we could actually get machines now.

KIP Phd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: KIP 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

Good for you DOCTOR! You must have low friends in high places. KIP is now conducting a witch hunt to see how you got so many so fast. A lot of people are very upset. If KIP drops a dealer into water and he does not float, does that mean he is a witch?

-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I got that phone call too. don't worry doc, you have lots of friends here. Bad move kip commie. you don't really want this type of publicity do you? No, of course you don't. Not with the launch of a product that you have sell 2000 of just to break even. Be careful kip. All your moves are public now. And the doc has a much larger loyal following than you do.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A witch hunt? I guess that would make me a witch doctor then!? Get it? Oh nevermind.
Now where is that eye of newt......?

You would think the fine people in KIP management would know by now that I am pro KIP and that the only thing that can come out of me selling and servicing KIP machines is the sale of more KIP machines. Certainly here in New England where KIP has pulled out of all together, I have helped move some boxes. ( Nothing against you , Tony, but you can't sell from Baltimore to NY or New England customers. You need to be more local.)

To quote a famous line from a famous movie ( props to Phil Ship, he will remember this one) "You may not like the guys your flying with, and they may not like you, but who's team are you on, Mav?"

A free Digital Printer Service shirt for the first one whos knows that movie. Two if you work for KIP.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Top Gun!

KIPDOCTOR wrote:
A witch hunt? I guess that would make me a witch doctor then!? Get it? Oh nevermind.
Now where is that eye of newt......?

You would think the fine people in KIP management would know by now that I am pro KIP and that the only thing that can come out of me selling and servicing KIP machines is the sale of more KIP machines. Certainly here in New England where KIP has pulled out of all together, I have helped move some boxes. ( Nothing against you , Tony, but you can't sell from Baltimore to NY or New England customers. You need to be more local.)

To quote a famous line from a famous movie ( props to Phil Ship, he will remember this one) "You may not like the guys your flying with, and they may not like you, but who's team are you on, Mav?"

A free Digital Printer Service shirt for the first one whos knows that movie. Two if you work for KIP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: