Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Runtime 5 fix and a comment about Runtime 70

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark@EOS
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Runtime 5 fix and a comment about Runtime 70 Reply with quote Back to top

Runtime 5 errors-Well after multiple versions of Winutd.exe and hours of on and off the phone with KC3 support (Phil you ROCK for sticking it out and staying with me on this issue), the fix has been found. It comes down to how you enter the IP Address in the KIP 3000 software through the touch screen. Example, if your IP is 192.168.1.10, you must enter it without the zeros before the 1 and 10 and you must touch the decimal point between octets. If you don't know what an octet is then you should hire an IT person. J/K Very Happy I entered my IP "192""168""001""010" that's wrong in this case, but it will work with 99% of the copier/MFPs in the world. The bottom line is that the KIP software doesn't strip the zeros. Therefore, the IP will appear in the properties of the LAN connection of the embedded controller(incorrectly) and not on the touchscreen of the 3000 software. Going forward it's my belief that the software code will be changed to strip those zeros if entered through the touchscreen. I expect a tech bulletin to be released very soon stating this very fact but it will be worded alot better than I did.

As for Runtime 70 errors, this only occurs when switching between the embedded controller screen and back to the KIP 3000 software. It has to do with not being patient and double clicking more than once (it takes about 10 sec. for the 3000 software to launch). I'm sure that KC3 will fix that minor issue as well. But really why toggle between the embedded and the touchscreen? My answer was because we can! My temporary fix is to go into Windows explorer on the embedded controller and just change from the default double-click to a single (that's the way I operate all my PCs). Now, I know way more than I ever thought I would about the KIP 3000 software so early on in the game. That's all for tonight, I'll post a few more machine things in the coming days... Thanks KC3 (Phil and Al) and Rajeev for ALWAYS taking my calls.

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you sure Johnny didnt drop his Beer in the unit or Eddie dropped a bra in the unit?

I have always wondered about those guys?

Stern to Sirus 18 shows left what to do what to do?

mark@EOS
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kipintern wrote:
Are you sure Johnny didnt drop his Beer in the unit or Eddie dropped a bra in the unit?

I have always wondered about those guys?

Stern to Sirus 18 shows left what to do what to do?

Nope, but they both dropped a nut lifting one of those 3Ks today, while I watched.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Kipintern
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey man Thanks for the post,this will help others and myself ! Kuddo's to You

Guest222

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Runtime error 5 Reply with quote Back to top

As I talk with Support I am reading this fix.
Other then this answer I am being told that because my client is double-clicking request, there is a conflict in the task manager between two requests running at once.
I have had Requests running simultaniously before 6.0 w/ no problem.
Which is the right path to take? (maybe their related)

Windsor
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Runtime 5 fix for me Reply with quote Back to top

Request was running in task manager with no GUI up onscreen.
closed it down and Request can open now.
Thanks to Pat in sortware.

oman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: 70 Reply with quote Back to top

I notice I get a runtime error 70 when trying to open a tiff file on the D drive, a CD. Request closes down without even accessing the drive. When I reopen the request softwhere and try to load the same file agian, it works.

I also had this happen with a .pdf once.

The last update has been installed.

Weird...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: