Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Prints get lighter on long runs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tibbs
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Prints get lighter on long runs Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer who has been complaining about light copies for some time now but whenever I go there the copies seem fine. They show me examples but when they print them again the quality has come back up again. I recently discovered that it was because the light prints are part of long runs (30 or more drawings A1). The prints get lighter and lighter as the job goes on and there is a noticeable difference between print 1 and print 30. It seems like a toner supply issue but surely the machine would throw up an OUT OF TONER warning. It never does and if the machine is left unused for an hour or so the quality returns to normal.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Cheers.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What is your meter at?

It could be the developer assy.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Depending on the meter reading you might want to replace the supply roller. When they get older they seem to do what you are talking about on longer print runs.

tibbs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The meter is on just over 30,000 metres so its due for a dev rebuild in another 6000 although its had a new Dev roller at 25k plus I've had to replace the regulation roller after the insulation had split and I was getting voltage leak.

Aren't there 2 types of supply roller? The old one being foam and more problematic, and the new one which is a brush roller (installed in this machine) which doesn't usually fail early or wear very much?

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, there are 2 style supply rollers. The new style supply roller didn't come out until serial numbers 1051XXXXX. The old serial number 1050XXXXX had the old foam style supply roller.

tibbs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tried new supply roller and new drum. I've even removed the ozone filters to rule out any blockage in air circulation. I've yet to see the results of that. We're not the sort of company that can just buy a spare dev unit to try otherwise I would. I'm running out of options. Could a cleaning roller problem cause this?? I'm stabbing in the dark now.....

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried to manually add more toner? It could be too low and not able to replenish enough.

Also, have you checked bias voltages? This could cause problems as well.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you ever replaced the toner sensor wiper? Very problematic. We do tham all the time when we refresh a unit.

tibbs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys, I'll try those suggestions and let you know what happens.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Tibbs, did you find the problem, have a customer complain the same thing on 8feet long print. I have to go see the problem today.

tibbs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry guys, I have kind of resolved the problem - i.e. the quality is that much better that the customer hasn't complained so far (fingers crossed!). If there is any deterioration it has gone unnoticed. I used drum polish to cut the drum and the difference in quality was astounding. That would be my suggestion before you spend money on parts.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I went to customer place and for myself, it was the fuser adjustment speed on 36" roll. (sim 4-178) and 30" roll.

On the 36" long print, I had white void starting at +/-100mm of trailing edge and on 30" I had wrikling problem. But on 30", the roll was at the end so as soon as I replace the roll, the problem gone...

Thanks everyones

tibbs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a different problem altogether. My original issue was on 30 or more copies of any size, if the printer had been running for a period of time there was a quality drop. Glad you sorted your problem.

palmerhg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: interchangeable supply roller for 3000's Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, there are 2 style supply rollers. The new style supply roller didn't come out until serial numbers 1051XXXXX. The old serial number 1050XXXXX had the old foam style supply roller

Can anyone tell me if the 3000B 1051 supply roller will work in the 1050 machines?

Does anyone have a source for the 1050 foam supply rollers?

Thanks and my 3000 keeps on printing with the comments I get on this forum,

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can't use a 1051 toner supply roller in a 1050. I know of no sources for the 1050 toner supply roller either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: