Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

New KIP machine confirmed! To be debuted at the IRGA!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: New KIP machine confirmed! To be debuted at the IRGA! Reply with quote Back to top

You heard it here first fellow members, due to the fiasco that is the KIP 9000, a new and improved machine will be shown at the IRGA show that will put the competition to rest. Here are the specs as we know it now:

Model= KIP 9900
rolls = 6
speed = 48 D size per minute (yikes)
software platform Linux (yes!)
Cost= approx $55K
That's all we know for now. This is going to change everything as we know it. We also hear that they went back to the proven technology of the 8000 print engine so this one should actually work.

Man, with print speed that fast they will have to start working on a "tree feed option" that you can load raw logs into it and create your paper on the fly.

Good job KIP engineers.

We await this unit impatiently.

More details as we get them.

RMS
intern

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Come on Dr. it is April 1, Are you screwing with us or is this true???

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If this is true & I had just purchased a 9000 or 2 I would be PISSED OFF with the boys in blue

9lives
intern

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With a name like 9900 I have to think it's a joke! I swore I would never touch another 9900 again when we got rid of our last one. Rolling Eyes

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You should know by now that if the Doc is complimenting the KIP engineers before a product is released, it is a jokeā€¦

LOL Good one though.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He had me going until he complimented the Kip engineers. I would sooner believe the Doc voted for Obama than compliment them prior to seeing the product.
I really liked the idea of the linux embedded controller. Maybe.

Scott

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry guys, the doc was pulling your leg on April fools day.

aahh, but what if they did build the 9900?
Now that indeed would be something.
Oh, and as far as the kip engineers go, I have nothing but the utmost respect for them and their talents. But that does not mean I won't speeak my mind when I see something stupid.

I hope no one rush out to their local kip store looking to buy the 9900. hahaha

diazo2ppc
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Announcement was done by the Doctor on 1st of April, but that become true.
No hope for update or improvment of the Kip 9000.
The KIP 9000 is died.

AJG
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

diazo2ppc wrote:

The KIP 9000 is died.

That's some REALLY good news....

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Funny thing is, that the Doc brought you the news about the 9900 even before it was a glimmer in anyone in KIP's management eyes. Or maybe they stole my idea and ran with it. Hey, that's not nice. Get your own ideas. Oh, wait the 9000 WAS your idea. OK, you can copy from me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Rumors All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: