Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Alot of Help needed on KIP2900: Gears, SCSI Card?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinoken
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Alot of Help needed on KIP2900: Gears, SCSI Card? Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All,

I was so happy to find this forum. My dad has recently bought a KIP 2900. The copier function used to work but recently stopped working.

The mode of failure is that this light (see below) never stays on full green, it is always flashing. The black arrow points to the light.

I have a feeling it is due to these gears which the teeth has worn off (arrow pointing to gear)

Also, I believe that there is a bit missing here:

Does anyone know where i can get all the gears in this area? I cant seem to find anywhere where i can order the spare parts!

Finally, I dont have any SCSI card (37-pin) to connect to the computer. All i have is one 37pin SCSI cable, do i need an interface between the SCSI card and the printer? Also where can i get a SCSI 37-pin card? I have been searching for months and no joy. Also where can i get the correct drivers and software to allow the KIP2900 to act as a printer?

Any help/advice/suggestions will be greatly received!

Ken

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your best bet is to purchase a 2900 that comes with a working controller. I don't know where you are located, but you can probably purchase one for the cost of freight. That will be cheaper and a ton easier than trying to build your own controller... and buy parts for rebuild. Just my opinion.

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The reason for the light flashing is most probably a gear that drives the fusing unit has also broken or is missing. The gears in the pics that are worn and missing will cause you to get blank copies as the dev unit will not turn.

Phan6622 is correct about the controller, rather try to purchase the complete controller than build it up.

dinoken
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Many Thanks for your reply.

Where can i purchase an additional controller? I cant really ship another 2900 as my dad is based in china, and I am based in the UK. It is abit of a nightmare to be honest.

As long as i can get the spare parts, it will help alot. I just dont know what it is called.

Cheers

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is what you need:

4113-23 - 20T Helical gear LH (this is the one that is worn in the pic)

4612A-19 - Spring ( this sits above the part where you think there is a bit missing. And also there is no gear that should be there)

4612A-20 - Gear helical 30T RH (this is most likely the gear broken in the fusing unit that is causing the ready light to keep flashing.

As for the controller, I cant help you there, I am looking for one myself.

dinoken
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You are the best!

Now i guess you know my next question. Where do i get the following parts?

dinoken
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What is the code for the gear/s that is missing?

dinoken
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where did you find all the part numbers? I have the service manual and it is not in there?

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From the parts manual.

I dont think there is a gear missing there, it is just a spring missing. It looks like a gear mist be there, but it is not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: