Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Where do you feel you get the most relevant info on the Kips
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where do you get the most help from?
1. This site
100%
 100%  [ 31 ]
2. The Official KIP site
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3. Some other site
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 31

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Where do you feel you get the most relevant info on the Kips Reply with quote Back to top

Totally unscientific here, but I was just wondering for those of you that actually have access ( and actually go there) to the "Official" forums over at the KIP site, where do you get the most help from?

1. This site (keepitprinting.com)

2. The official KIP site

3. Some other site

Trying to help plan for the future of this site and how it can help more people. Please feel free to leave your comments and suggestions.

Thanks

Steve

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This site provides a broader and more in-depth knowledge base for KIP printing systems and KIP software.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This site, no question about it.
Kip should pay you for the tech support.
This site has been an invaluable tool for me, thanks Doc!!!

Scott

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely this site. You are able to speak freely and get the real information. Not “We haven’t heard of that”.

Thanks for the site Doc….

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also don't get "that sounds like hardware" followed 5 minutes later by "that sounds like software"

There is no substitute for calling the mothership especially on warranty issues, but we always come here first with our problems.
GREAT SITE!

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a little known fact for you here, The official KIP forums currently have 1110 members. These humble "unofficial" forums have just over 1000 members. Pretty amazing when you think about it. Also our forums have much higher traffic and current posts. Some of the last posts over at the KIP forums date back to December 08. Just tooting my own horn here. Toot toot.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I go to both sites, what you get on this site over KIPs is the "out of the box thinking".
Such as how to repair a part rather than replace it it.
KIP can only tell you the offical way to repair a machine.
Here you get the "don't try this a home" solution.
I think Tony and Glen at KIP do a great job, but sometimes you need that extra bit of information you get off of this site.
This is a fantastic resource Doc!!
And by the way it's sites like this that both Xerox and Oce are lacking.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well you know there once was an Oce foum site. It turned into an Oce slam fest and got really ugly. I worked hard to keep this site from becoming like that. Oh sure, I slam K Mart a bit. It's all in good fun. It keeps them honest. I have nothing but respect for most of the people at KIP . They are doing the best they can with the resources they have. Without a doubt they have the best products out there. As far as a Xerox wide format site, I will have to think about that. I would need good Xerox people to moderate it for me. I know nothing about the Xerox except the 721.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We recently became a dealer for the Xerox machines. So far I am pretty impressed by the box and the support. I would love to see a section here just for Xerox. I am just curious how many other Xerox dealers use this site????

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doc don't sell yourself to short.
1st this site has only 11 less members than the official KIP forum. The KIP forum has been up since January of 2001. Keep It Printing forum since December 2004. Not too bad. KIP members have posted just under 7500 posts since that time. Wonder where the old posts all went? Keep it printing something close to 9000, and there all still here. This forum seems to have more active posters than the KIP forum. The KIP forum seems to have lost a lot of their veteran posters who I now see here posting. I guess it's not a forum if you post a question and it never gets any sort of response. Even a "I have not frickin' idea" might be nicer than no response at all.

Kip has also changed their site a few times and almost ever time they do they remove the posts of previous issues not to mention remove entire machines. I guess they feel that if they don't sell it any more than it's no longer in the field. No one here works on 2900, 2950, 5000, 7095's etc. anymore. Oh I'm sorry they did just add a Legacy Section.

Sometimes it is nice to have a "archive" to search through for the real tough problems, or just the days when you are feeling brain dead. KIP likes to pretend they never existed. (KIP 6000 never had E-07 issues). I have also seen KIP remove topics off the web site when it's not something they really wanted to have posted.

Kip has since about the begining of the year, had a tech that has been monitoring the site almost daily. He seems to be doing a good job for the questions he chooses to post to. Maybe next time I call KIP with an issue that has been posted previously on the KIP forum I won't get the canned response, "We have never heard of that issue before."

The Keep It Printing site provides a wealth of information that's great for the veteran techs as well as the newer techs to the KIP machines. Any tech that doesn't use the Keep It Printing Forum is doing a disservice to theirself, their company, and most important their customers.

Just my two or three cents.

Doc thanks for keeping the site up and running.

Keep It Posting...

cmqp2327
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CHILLIN wrote:

Kip has also changed their site a few times and almost ever time they do they remove the posts of previous issues not to mention remove entire machines. I guess they feel that if they don't sell it any more than it's no longer in the field. No one here works on 2900, 2950, 5000, 7095's etc. anymore. Oh I'm sorry they did just add a Legacy Section.

Kip has since about the begining of the year, had a tech that has been monitoring the site almost daily. He seems to be doing a good job for the questions he chooses to post to. Maybe next time I call KIP with an issue that has been posted previously on the KIP forum I won't get the canned response, "We have never heard of that issue before."

Keep It Posting...

ya that is disappointing that the old stuff was taken down.

charred
intern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is it just me or did kip take their forum down?
KIP forum wrote:
FYI
Sorry, this message board is closed.

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

9lives
intern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was just me. Glad to see someone else is having trouble.

cmqp2327
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is it closed for good?
or just down for maintenance?

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to let you know Doc, I'm new in Kip product ( 2 years but 20 years in copier) and your site provide me a lot of information. Thanks a lot and thanks to everyone how gives some ideas, leads and solutions.

About the Kip forum...It's working fine ( went yesterday ) . Since from few weeks, I found that they response faster when we post something, maybe they want to give you competition!!

Thanks again to everyone and I hope I can help someone in return !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: