Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

RSA or other group.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: RSA or other group. Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious what groups or corporations were represented here.
Or independents or end users.
The company I work for is a member of the RSA.

Don't have any reason why, just a slow day and I thought I would put the lounge to use.

Scott

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Independent Reply with quote Back to top

I guess if what your asking I work for a Independent company we carry Kip and also we sale Cannon and HP . We also sale Minolta Sharp Samsung I started with this company 31 years ago. is this what you was asking

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty much, yes, that is what I was asking. I was hoping to get an idea of who came here. I really did not have any particular reason, just making small talk.

I work for a shop that is primarily a print shop. I have been building a service department specializing in wide format printers for about 4 years. We are a KIP dealer plus sell and service HP and Canon wide format printers. I don't aggressively market the service department, but it is making a profit (most of the time). Being primarily printers, we have the advantage of really knowing what it takes to produce prints. Gives us an advantage over copier dealers who decided wide format sounded profitable.
We are also members of the Reprographic Services Association. I was curious if there were any other RSA members here.

I guess mainly I was just trying to put the new "lounge" to good use. Since I know nothing about sports and didn't want to start any political arguments, this was the best I could do.

Scott

cfrepro
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: RSA or other group Reply with quote Back to top

Scott

I have a small repro shop in central Florida (2 721's) and I am looking at RSA.

What are the best benefits you get from them?

Rick

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are an RSA member

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CF Repro,

To start off, I am not at all trying to sell people on the RSA. That type of salesmanship is not what this forum is about, at least in my opinion.

I personally think the RSA is the best and well worth the membership, but there are other groups and it would make sense to look at them also.
In a day and age of big conglomerates (meaning ARC) it makes a lot of sense to be a part of a bigger buying group. Just look at your options carefully and pick what makes the most sense for you.

I don't do the purchasing for the print division, but I am under the impression that the discounts on paper and other supplies more than pay for membership. There are also programs with various vendors for discounts on the purchase of equipment. The production crew also have a network of print shops they can send jobs to when a client needs something sent out of town.

In my service department, the benefits I see are access to equipment, training and tech support I would not otherwise have access to. It also gives me a great tech support network.

Chazbo,

Always nice to talk to a fellow RSA member. If I can ever help, just ask.

Scott

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ditto to what Scott said!

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ReproMAX here.

RSA wont have us because there is someone else in the area that is already a member. That's pretty cool.. cause they signed up first?? Doesn't matter that were a better company that would represent the brand better?

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is not what I meant to get into here.
I should have just kept my fingers off the keyboard.
I am just a service tech.
I have no idea how the territories work.

End of discussion.

Scott

Toner Monkey
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

phan, what do you want the rsa to do? kick out a member because you would do a better job? I doubt that is what the rsa is about. the rsa will not let in a competing shop.

If the rsa and repromax people would get their heads out of the sand, or their asses, they would figure out that with ARC breathing down the neck of every independent out there the two organizations need each other. the two together would be great. just cooperating a bit and combining buying power would help greatly.
And i doubt that it would be the end of the dammed world if a few members were competitors. last time I checked, the members of both were all grownups.

Sorry scott, it needed to be said. now back to the discussion ending.
ha ha.. good luck with that.

TM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: