Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Not Fusing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
New2KIP
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Not Fusing Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Guys

I've had a call today on a KIP 3000 that intermittantlly doesn't fuse the toner to the paper. Strange because the machine has only done 3500 meters. The same customer previously called about the same thing but later cancelled the call as the problem didn't persist. Even today when I got there the toner was fusing properly. The customer kept 5 A0 samples of the problem so its definately there.

First instinct was the type of paper, or the paper setting, but both of these were fine. I checked the fuser and everything is fine... the nip, the lamp, rollers... The only thing that I could think of is that toner stuck on the thermistors may have resulted in incorrect temp readings, which in turn may have caused the roller not to heat up to its proper temp. I cleaned the 3 thermistors and tested the crap out of the machine... No problem.

If any of you have any other ideas, or had this problem and has a solution please let me know.

Thanks in advance

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I ran into this same problem a week ago. I changed two things. One I updated to the latest software (version 3) and I turned off the cold and warm sleep timers. It has worked correctly since, but unfortunately also worked for 65,000 square feet before... so I guess time will tell.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: 3000 Fusing Reply with quote Back to top

Check the pressure roller setting. Too little pressure can cause it. Kip had us back off the adjustment screws due to fuser gear wear. Maybe there is not enough pressure.? The fuser is a heat and Pressure system!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: